I missed writing a weekly wrap up the past two weeks in a row. Part of it was getting behind on blog projects. Part of it was getting the house cleaned for a game night James was hosting. Part of it was just life. And being overwhelmed. I had a freak out week where I was just overly consumed about failing with my new direction. Quitting my day job. Meeting the weekly blogging goals I set for myself. Terrified I won’t be able to hack it blogging full time and make enough to both pay my debts and live off of.
So between coming up with new bath and body recipes, trying to get them executed, and stressing myself to the point there was too much in my head to focus I forgot for a moment that this is what I love. And it’s okay to not always get it right.
Week before last I had not one, but two projects fail. But that’s the process. I had to remember that I am only one person. I’m not Martha Stewart. I don’t have an insane budget to play with. I don’t have employees. I don’t have a photographer or a designer. And I definitely don’t have a savvy marketing guru in my corner. There’s just me.
Realistically, one person can only do so much. And unfortunately not all of my days are sunny. So I have shelved some of the higher expectations I’ve set for myself and I got some of my mojo back this week. I was able to post three original projects for you all to give a try. And I’m pretty excited about that. (I found this article from Wit & Delight especially inspiring in getting my head back to where it needs to be.)
I also remembered I need support and friends and breaks in my life. So this week I’ve also been working on planning a cocktail & cookout party for James and my friends in May. James bought a smoker so he can smoke a ridiculous amount of meat and I’ve been hunting for awesome cocktail recipes that I can serve punch style in mason jar drink containers. I’ve also been making some fun party favors for swag bags like my soap donuts, solid salt scrub donuts and bug away butter. And, I’ve been shopping too.
I bought some amazing lemongrass + citronella bug free zone candles from Pure Palette, who also resides in my home state Virginia, so we’re not spilling cocktails or dropping meats because we’re busy swatting at annoying biting insects.
I also bought some handmade goodies for my party swag bags including some super fun temporary tattoos from both PiCO Tatouage Temporaire out of Canada and Have a Nice Day out of Brooklyn, NY. (Pictured above are Steffi Lynn’s “Planted” Flash Temporary Tattoos.)
And I bought an assortment of both fan favorites and Fiesta Lollipops from Luxe Lollies that includes flavors like Salted Watermelon Jalapeno Limeade, Muy Loco Salted Jalapeno Margarita, Delicioso Salted Margarita, Nutty Horchata, and Pineapple Jalapeño Lime.
And of course one must have swag bags to put said party favors in! So I bought these fun reusable (I mean, it IS earth day everyday!) party animal favor bags from With Love & Confetti. (Discover more party inspiration on my Party Ideas Pinterest board.)
I also want to make some Star Wars inspired and mustache soaps as well as some mini perfumes so each bag has some variety with no two being quite exactly the same. And of course I’ll be posting those projects here on the blog at some point so you won’t miss out either!
While you’re waiting on me to post more of my new DIY projects, be sure to check out these bath and body recipe favorites I discovered this week from other bloggers:
- Cardamom Rose Facial Grain Scrub Recipe from Catching Seeds (pictured)
- Rose Lotion Bars Recipe from Grow Forage Cook Ferment
- Lemon Rose Creamy Body Wash Recipe from Humbleebee & Me
- DIY Hydrating Sheet Masks from A Beautiful Mess
- Luscious DIY Orange Blossom Bath Bombs from Southern Mom Loves
- Neon Pink Lip Tint Recipe from Soap Queen
- DIY Ice Cream Bath Bombs from What’s Up Moms
- DIY Sunflower Petal Balm from Preparedness Mama
- DIY Bath Melt (Look-a-Like) Cookies from The Makeup Dummy
- DIY Pina Colada Mini Pineapple Soaps from Happiness is Homemade
- How to Make DIY Soap Rocks from DIY in PDX
- Easy DIY Bath Bombs Using a Moon Cake Press Mold from Lovin’ Soap
- Sweet Orange & Calendula Lip Balm Recipe from The Natural Beauty Workshop
(Discover more of my favorite skincare and soap recipes on my DIY Bath and Body Pinterest board.)
And here are some of my favorite products I’ve been crushing on this week:
- Confetti Bundt Cake Bath Bombs from The Bath Candy Shop (pictured)
- Whipped Bergamot Bath Frosting from ClaynSoul
- Gold Sol Coconut Body Shimmer and Pastel Shimmer Sampler Set from Miss Violet Lace
- Gin and Tonic Lip Balm from Medusa Bijoux & Holistics
- Magical Fairy Mushroom Bath Bombs from Mama Bass Handmade Soap
- Balloon Dog Birthday Cake Candles from The Party Dialect
- Small Seafoam Green Cactus Bud Vase from White Faux Taxidermy
- Pineapple Prep And Prime Fruit Extract Serum and Field of Dreams Shave Whip from Parlo Cosmetics
- Chocolate Lollipop Gift Box from Leccare Lollipops
- Magical Unicorn Temporary Tattoos from Missy Minzy
- DIY Ginger Beer Making Kit with Moscow Mule Mugs from Bootleg Botanicals
- Honey Chamomile Beer Soap with Goat Milk and Wild Flower Bath Soak from Ava and Snow Goat Soap
(For even more of my favorites you can follow my collections on Etsy.)
That’s all for today! I hope to “see” you again right here at Soap Deli News next week! In the meantime, you can find & follow me on Pinterest, G+, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Blog Lovin’, and Instagram. Or sign up to receive new posts from Soap Deli News blog to your email via FeedBurner so you never miss a post.