DIY Scrapes and Scratches Healing Balm Recipe
Scrapes and Scratches Healing Balm Recipe
1 ounce Beeswax
4 ounces Sweet Almond Oil
5 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
15 drops Lavender Essential Oil
8 drops Tagetes Essential Oil
5 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
1. Place the beeswax and sweet almond oil in a small, heavy-bottomed pan (I use an enamelled iron one).
2. Heat very gently until the beeswax is just melted and no more than that.
3. Add the essential oils and swirl the mixture around in the pan to combine everything together.
4. Pour the mixture into sterilized jars and seal immediately, allowing the balm to cool completely before use.
5. Beeswax can be difficult to remove from pans so be sure to pour all of the balm mixture into your jars. Then, quickly (before the wax hardens) run a paper towel around the pan to get the excess out so it does not go down your drain. Then, place the pan under very hot running water and douse it with plenty of dish washing liquid as soon as you have finished with it.
Shop for ingredients for this recipe at Mountain Rose Herbs.