Looking for some exciting new ways to dress up your space for spring? Then check out some of these fabulous spring DIY home decorating ideas and whip up a few new home decor accessories with these fun and colorful spring craft projects and DIY decorating ideas.
Spring DIY Home Decorating Ideas
- 1. If sewing is your niche, you’ll definitely want to check out the book, Style, Stitch, Staple: Basic Upholstering Skills to Tackle Any Project. It combines straightforward upholstery techniques to turn even the most dilapidated furniture into gorgeous updated pieces. This book is available April 23, 2013 but you can pre-order it now from Amazon and take advantage of their pre-order price guarantee!
- 2. Drag out that suitcase – or pick one up from a thrift store – and give it a fresh new life by turning it into a unique side table for your bedroom or living room. You can find a step-by-step photo tutorial of this diy project at woonblog.
- 3. Drop by Poppytalk to learn how to use the hottest new trending fabrics to craft your own custom diy pillows like these leaf pillows made from GURINE fabric.
- 4. Use Martha Stewart Craft’s new paintable clings and glass paint liquid fill to make a beautiful DIY Spring Pitcher perfect for showing off our spring flowers. You’ll find the tutorial for this project at Crafty Scrappy Happy.
- 5. Use cardboard, washi tape and a light fixture to make these stylish diy faceted hanging lamps as seen on Peep My Style. You can buy the template for this lamp from Quilt Light.
- 1. I love fabric napkins because they’re both frugal and eco-friendly while still indicating taste and style. Make your own diy spring napkins in bright colors to celebrate the season with a tutorial from The Purl Bee.
- 2. Explore more possibilities with chalkboard paint by using it on a wood tree trunk slice to make a simple DIY Rustic Chalkboard. You’ll find the tutorial at Smashed Peas and Carrots.
- 3. Craft these cute DIY Wall Mounted Succulent Shelves via the instructions at Man Made and show off your love for spring gardening indoors while creating more ways to organize as you get your spring cleaning underway.
- 4. Upcycle those winter sweaters that no longer fit into beautiful diy pillows. If sewing’s not your cup of tea you can buy upcycled floor cushions from Remakerie (pictured) or make your own with this tutorial from Brassy Apple.
- 5. Update your home’s artwork with these easy DIY Spray Paint Silhouette Botanical Paintings via Home Jelly.
For more great spring DIY home decorating ideas, be sure to follow my boards on Pinterest. You can find and follow me on G+, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Blog Lovin’, and Instagram as well as subscribe to Soap Deli News via email for future updates, DIY projects and recipes.