My Top Favorite Must Have Beauty Products Lately
Since joining Birchbox, ipsy and Beauty Army I’ve discovered a lot of really amazing bath and beauty products recently. While there have been a few fails, there have also been quite a few standouts. Here are some of my most recent favorites that I currently prefer not to live without.
1. L’Oreal Paris RevitaLift Miracle Blur Cream discovered via a sample in More magazine :: After trying this product I was instantly in love. It’s similar to the Youngblood Anti-Shine Mattifier that I discovered via Birchbox in it’s ability to keep shine away all day long, but it actually works better. It’s biggest bonus is you get more product than with Anti-Shine Mattifier from Youngblood for a smaller price tag. Also, ass it applies similarly to a cream, you don’t need to use a sponge. Apply after your favorite moisturizer – my favorite for dry skin is Dr.jart+ Ceramidin Cream – and under foundation. You can currently purchase this on Amazon for less than what the Big Box stores are charging.
2. Revlon Uniq All In One Hair Treatment discovered via Birchbox :: I purchased this from Birchbox after reading so many positive reviews and it has become one of my favorite hair care products EVER. It sprays on like a hairspray but if you look inside the bottle it looks like a conditioner. It’s perfect for those dry, winter days if you have normal hair or for everyday use on dry or frizzy hair. I find that this product really keeps my hair soft and frizz free and it’s also helped prevent breakage I was having issues with. Not only does it hydrate hair, but it also promotes shine, repairs, protects against heat damage, and prevents split ends. Plus it smells amazing! To use, simply spray it on towel dried hair and style as usual. I’m on my second bottle – you know I really love something if I buy it more than once – and I’m looking forward to also trying the Uniq One All in One Shampoo & Balm.
3. Paula’s Choice RESIST BHA 9 for Stubborn Imperfections discovered via Birchbox :: I sample this through Birchbox and noticed a difference overnight. As I am prone to acne breakouts during those monthly hormone changes, I sometimes end up with red marks that linger long after the actual acne has cleared up. This product actually completely erased those marks overnight while helping to keep my skin clear. I have this as a definite on my wish list of things to buy when my budget allows.
4. Jesse’s Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner discovered via ispy :: I sampled this this eyeliner through ipsy and as I received the full size product I’m still enjoying it. What I love about this eyeliner is that it stays on without smudging or transferring onto other parts of my eyelid later in the day. It also makes applying a liquid eyeliner super easy. The applicator is soft so I don’t feel like I’m tearing my eyelids off applying it and it’s super easy to control how much you’re putting on – even for those super fine lines. Plus, it’s drugstore priced.
5. Cailyn Cosmetics Tinted Lip Balm discovered via ipsy :: While this claims to be a lip balm, this product has all the staying power and color intensity of a lipstick. Made with natural beeswax and carnauba wax, this lip balm won’t smudge or stray and unlike long wear lipsticks and color stains, it moisturizes lips rather than drying them out. Plus each bold, beautiful color comes with a brush for application right inside the lid for the perfect application. This line of lip balms comes in wide range of colors as well as colors with shimmers. The price tag is on the end of a high end cosmetic, but it will seriously put your other lip balms to shame.
6. Supergoop!® City Sunscreen Serum discovered via Birchbox :: I sampled this via Birchbox as a free sample in one of my more recent orders and really liked this product. I found it’s great if you’re prone to breakouts – it helped to diminish mine – and it also helps to mattify your skin on those makeup free or light makeup days that you may not be using a product with sunscreen in it. I’m also a fan of the Supergoop! SPF 35 Daily Correct CC Cream although as winter is on it’s way, I really wish they offered a Porcelain/Light shade.
7. theBalm® cosmetics NUDE ‘tude™ Nude Eyeshadow Palette discovered via Birchbox :: I had this gem of an eyeshadow palette on my favorites list for a while and just recently was able to purchase it with a significant $30 discount through Birchbox with my points. I had read a lot of great reviews and I loved the neutral color palette. I was not disappointed. In fact, after I tried these eyeshadows, I cleaned out my makeup bag and literally threw all of my drugstore eyeshadows in the trash. This product put everything I had ever tried before it to shame. The colors are not only beautiful, but they stay in place all day long and are really, super easy to blend. This palette is the first time I was ever able to use an actual eyeshadow brush and not end up with a mess of dust down my cheeks and under my eyes. I cannot recommend it enough. It’s simply the best eyeshadow I have ever used. I also found that the darker colors are great for lining your eyes when you don’t want a stiff, eyeliner line.
Take a peek at a few of my other previous cosmetic and beauty favorites from beauty box sample program here. Also be sure to follow my Bath + Beauty board on Pinterest for more great products you can buy as well as my DIY Bath + Body board on Pinterest for bath, body and beauty products you can DIY.
What are some of your recent bath, body and beauty favorites?