I am so ready for fall. It is, by far, my favorite season of the year. And not just because it’s pumpkin spice season. (Although that does add another reason to the yes column.) If you’re a fellow pumpkin spice fan, then keep reading to learn how to score a set of FREE warm and spicy pumpkin scented cleaning products. Plus check out some great tips on getting your home ready for fall along with twelve of my favorite pumpkin spice recipes that you can craft indoors on a chilly weekend.
For the love of pumpkin spice.
OMG. Summer has just dragged on forever this year. But basic or not, I’m so ready for pumpkin spice season! My boyfriend, on the other hand, is just psyched it’s finally football season again. While he’s cheering on the Jacksonville Jaguars, you can find me sneaking across the street for a pumpkin spice latte at our local Starbucks.
I just can’t resist the warm, spicy taste of pumpkin spice – or the fragrant scent! So when I found out that Grove Collaborative now has Mrs. Meyer’s cleaning products in their new fall scents, I was instantly sold. Mrs. Meyer’s has three great scents for fall – mum, apple cider and pumpkin.
If you aren’t already a Grove customer, you can score a free trio of Mrs. Meyer’s cleaning products in your scent of choice. You’ll also get a replaceable head dish brush, free shipping and a free VIP trial when you make your first $20 purchase. You have to hurry, though, as this is a super limited time offer.
I’m a VIP member at Grove and I love that I can get free shipping AND a free gift with every order (with a minimum purchase.) Last month I scored a FREE Grove Collaborative bamboo prep board.
I’ve also gotten completely hooked on their European dish cloth set. These durable and absorbent sponge cloths are perfect for messes – and they helped my boyfriend give up his paper towel habit. Because these sponges are reusable, you simply pop them into the dishwasher to easily disinfect and clean them. If you’ve been working toward a zero waste lifestyle that reduces your carbon footprint, these dish cloths are a must!
Now if I can just break Greg of his Keurig coffee and convert him over to my favorite, lower acidity cold brew.
Once you’ve scored your free cleaning kit from Grove, be sure to check out these great tips for preparing your home for fall. Plus be sure to try one or more of my favorite pumpkin spice skin care and beauty recipes at the end of this post.
Fall homemaking & cleaning tips.
1. I’m not usually a baker (that’s more of my roomie’s expertise) but something about pumpkin spice season always inspires me to whip up an apple pie or a batch of pumpkin muffins. When that happens, Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap and the Grove replaceable head dish brush are perfect for a quick cleanup! Plus, they make a pretty sink-side display.
2. A fresh towel is such an underrated way to add some seasonal vibes to your kitchen. Grove’s heirloom red kitchen towel adds a pop of fall color and can handle the toughest messes.
Whether we’re hosting a casual cookout or a football party, fall is my favorite time of year to entertain. My roommate and I always make sure the guest bathroom is stocked with fluffy hand towels, plenty of toilet paper, and of course a seasonal hand soap. I receive so many compliments on Mrs. Meyer’s fall fragrances (and guests always want to know where I got them since our local stores sell out so quickly!)
3. Brisk fall days are perfect for tackling outdoor tasks and preparing your home for winter. Mrs. Meyer’s multi-surface is the only cleaner you need for wiping down patio furniture, light fixtures, and metal railings. Plus, the bold scents give you a boost of energy while you’re cleaning!
4. As the nights get cooler, it’s time to pull out your cozy fall bedding. To make your favorite blanket even softer and cozier, add a few drops of Grove’s lavender essential oil to Grove’s wool dryer balls before you toss them in the dryer!
My roommate, Bambi, wasn’t really sure about the dryer balls when I first purchased them, but now she’s hooked. Not only does it make our laundry softer, it also reduces static and decreases drying time so we can save energy.
5. Switching over your closet? Before you store your summer clothes, give them a good wash with Method laundry detergent so they’re fresh for next season.
I love using Method’s 4x concentrated laundry detergent. I bought the ginger mango fragrance two months ago and still have a ton of detergent left. I love the scent. However I really love that it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. Not only is this detergent HE friendly – I use it at my boyfriend’s apartment too – the bottle is designed so the cap doesn’t get all gummy from measuring out the amount I need.
6. Just like I reach for different clothes once the weather gets cooler, I also reach for different skincare products. I can’t live without Grove’s nourishing coconut skin superfood — it can be used as a face and body moisturizer, cuticle cream, and even eye makeup remover!
7. The start of fall also means the start of cold and flu season! To keep the sniffles at bay, I always keep a Grove hydrating hand sanitizer spray in my purse or travel bag. (This stuff is AMAZING!)
8. Can you believe stores are already putting out Halloween decor? This year, I’m aiming for zero-waste with natural decor like pinecones, potted mums, and gourds. They look festive and don’t take up that much needed storage space!
9. Tip to save on your fall product needs: Once you’ve submitted your Grove order, you will be signed up for the free 60 day VIP trial. For 60 days, save even more with free shipping, free gifts, price matching, exclusive sales and personal service. What are you waiting for? Order today!
Pumpkin Spice Skin Care & Beauty Recipes
Now that your home is in order, why not mess it up again? Try one of these fun pumpkin spice skin care & beauty recipes for you next weekend DIY. I mean, you do get to clean up the aftermath with more pumpkin spice. So why not?
Don’t forget to invite over a friend or two. I find that crafting is a ton more fun with friends as project cohorts. And a bottle of wine is always nice too!
- Easy Melt & Pour Moldable Pumpkin Spice Soap
- Golden Glitter Pumpkin Spice Body Butter Recipe
- Cardamom & Pumpkin Spice Solid Coffee Scrub Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Pie Shaped Melt & Pour Soap Recipe
- DIY Pumpkin Spice Room Spray
- Homemade Apple & Pumpkin Spice Lotion Recipe
- Natural Vanilla & Pumpkin Spice Salt Scrub Recipe
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Bath Bomb Recipe
- Fall Melt & Pour Pumpkin Soap Recipe
- Homemade Cold Process Pumpkin Soap Recipe
- DIY Pumpkin Massage Candle with Printable Labels
- Perfect Pumpkin Salt Scrub Recipe
For more pumpkin spice inspired bath & beauty recipes, be sure to follow my Pumpkin Spice Bath, Beauty & Skin Recipes board on Pinterest. I’d also love for you to share your favorite pumpkin spice products or recipes in the comments!
If you’d like to receive notification of new articles from Soap Deli News blog, be sure to follow me across all of your favorite social media platforms. You can find me on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Blog Lovin’, and Instagram. Or, alternately, you can also subscribe to Soap Deli News via email for future updates, DIY projects and recipes.