Anti Aging Night Cream Recipe for a More Youthful Appearance
This anti aging night cream recipe helps to reduce the signs of aging naturally with ingredients like coconut water, cocoa butter, evening primrose and rosehip seed oil. Discover how to get glowing skin naturally, that looks younger and feels healthier, with this homemade anti-wrinkle cream for eyes.
Free from toxic ingredients, this natural anti-aging night cream recipe produces a natural, green beauty alternative to commercial anti aging products. This homemade anti wrinkle cream for eyes is a clean beauty product that helps to reduce the visible signs of aging naturally.
Key ingredients, prized for their anti-aging skin care properties are used to formulate this homemade face cream recipe. These ingredients include coconut water, cocoa butter, evening primrose and rosehip seed oil. When combined in this homemade anti-wrinkle cream for eyes, you get a DIY anti-aging cream that promotes healthy looking, soft and beautiful skin!
Anti Aging Night Cream Ingredients:
I used the following key ingredients to formulate my DIY anti-aging night cream for glowing skin:
- Rosehip seed oil: Rosehip seed oil was chosen for this night cream recipe due to its extremely high fatty acid content. It’s praised for its ability to fight against dry, weathered, and dehydrated skin. And it also works well at helping to minimize the appearance of scars. It’s commonly used throughout the beauty and skin care industry to help to prevent and diminish the appearance of wrinkles and premature aging.
- Evening primrose oil: I used evening primrose oil for its naturally occurring gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) as well as its moisturizing and skin softening effects.
- Cocoa butter: Cocoa butter is a moisturizing body butter. I used this ingredient to formulate my homemade face cream recipe for its hydrating skin care properties and its ability to promote healing.
- Coconut water: As hydration is key to glowing skin, I also used coconut water in my DIY anti-aging cream. Coconut oil also acts as a natural moisturizer to rehydrate skin. It is also rich in antioxidants and cytokinins which can help to prevent the skin from premature wrinkles and aging. In addition coconut water also has natural antiviral, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties which to promote healing and soothe damaged skin.
Anti Aging Night Cream Recipe
© Rebecca D. Dillon
How to Make Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Eyes
Once you have your ingredients for this homemade anti-wrinkle cream for eyes, here is how you make this anti-aging night cream recipe:
- I recommend using double boilers for this anti aging night cream recipe. If you don’t have double boilers it’s snap to set canning rings inside your pot of water and then use a glass Pyrex measuring cup inside the pot on top of the canning ring. Just be sure to place the Pyrex in the pot of water BEFORE you turn on the heat. You’ll need a small one cup sized Pyrex measuring cup for the water based ingredients. This only makes about 2 oz. of product but you can easily double the recipe for a larger batch. You’ll also need a kitchen or candy thermometer.
- Begin by using a digital scale to weigh out the emulsifying wax, liquid shea butter, rosehip seed oil, evening primrose oil, cocoa butter, liquid soy lecithin and stearic acid. Place in a double boiler and add heat it begins melting. Once it melts bring the temperature of the oils, wax and butters to 158°F (70°C) and hold for 20 minutes.
- While the oils, butters and waxes are melting weigh out the coconut water into a second double boiler. Using a graduated plastic transfer pipette measure out the rosewater and stir into the coconut water. Bring the temperature of the waters to 158°F (70°C) and hold for 20 minutes.
- Remove both the wax, butter and oil mixture and the waters from heat. Slowly pour the waters into the oils while mixing with a stick blender. Once all the water has been added, mix the anti-aging night cream with a stick blender for three minutes.
- Allow the mixture for the homemade anti-wrinkle cream for eyes to cool to 113°F (45°C). Then add the vitamin E, carrot seed essential oil and Optiphen Plus Preservative. Mix well for about two minutes with the stick blender. Then pour into the container(s) of your choice.
How to Make Whipped Homemade Wrinkle Cream
You can make a whipped homemade wrinkle cream using this recipe as well. Here are the steps to whip your anti-aging night cream for glowing skin:
- Wait a day or two for your anti aging night cream to reach its final consistency.
- Then whip the DIY night cream with a fork or whisk until fluffy for a whipped homemade wrinkle cream. (Alternately, you can add more air to the night cream mixture by using a stick blender.)
- Finally, spoon into your jar(s).
As my house is rather cold when I made this anti-aging night cream recipe, I found the cream was much creamier and smoother if I whipped it two days after I made it before filling my containers.
How to Use Anti-Aging Night Cream
To use this anti-aging night cream for glowing skin, simply apply a small amount to your face and neck before bed paying extra attention to your eye area or other areas of concern.
You can also apply this DIY night cream during the day as you would an eye cream before applying makeup. It also works really well on dry hands and feet.
More Anti Aging Skin Care Recipes
If you like my anti aging night cream recipe then you may also enjoy my Cucumber Eye Cream Recipe with cucumber and tea seed oil. Naturally packed with vitamin C and caffeic acid, this homemade cucumber eye cream recipe is formulated using cucumber seed oil and cucumber hydrosol to target inflammation and help soothe skin irritation as well as reduce swelling.
Additional ingredients, including tea seed oil, baobab oil and carrot seed essential oil, work together to help skin look and feel more youthful. Or view my entire collection of anti aging beauty recipes at Soap Deli News here.
For more natural beauty DIY’s and skin care recipes as well as homemade soap recipes be sure to follow my boards on Pinterest. You can also follow me on Blog Lovin’, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for regular updates and behind the scene sneak peeks. Or subscribe to Soap Deli News via email for future updates, DIY projects and recipes.