Natural Foot Repair Salve Recipe with Neem Oil
This natural foot repair salve recipe contains neem oil, prized for its strong antibacterial and antifungal properties, to help promote healing and tackle troublesome foot care issues. Learn how to make your own as part of your natural skin care routine for healthy looking feet.
Foot Repair Salve with Neem Oil
If your feet are damaged or if toenail fungus or even athlete’s foot seems to be an ongoing problem for you then this natural foot repair salve recipe is just what your feet need!
This natural foot repair salve recipe contains neem oil prized for its strong antibacterial and antifungal properties that help to promote healing and solve ongoing foot and toenail issues. And, because neem oil is not the most pleasant smelling carrier oil – it has a natural odor reminiscent of a nutty garlic like smell – I’ve added eucalyptus essential oil and your choice of either rosemary or peppermint essential oils that mask the fragrance of the neem oil.
In addition I’ve also used rosehip seed oil in this foot repair salve recipe for it’s hydrating and anti-aging properties. As rosehip seed oil is a “dry oil” it helps to keep this salve from feeling greasy and heavy after application as well as to absorb more quickly.
Natural Foot Repair Salve Recipe
© Rebecca D. Dillon
Foot Salve Ingredients:
These are the ingredients you will need to make this homemade foot salve recipe:
- .55 oz. beeswax
- .45 oz. cocoa butter
- .6 oz. refined (76° melt point) coconut oil
- .6 oz. neem oil
- .6 oz. rosehip seed oil
- .1 oz. non-GMO vitamin E oil
- 1.5 mL eucalyptus essential oil
- .5 mL rosemary (or peppermint) essential oil
How to Make a Foot Repair Salve
Here is how to make a natural foot repair salve for your natural skin care routine for healthy looking feet:
- To make this natural foot repair salve recipe begin by weighing out the beeswax and cocoa butter using a digital scale. Combine in a double boiler or a small glass Pyrex measuring cup. Heat in a double boiler until melted. Or, if using a microwave, heat in the Pyrex measuring cup at 50% power until melted.
- Remove the melted beeswax and cocoa butter from heat. Then weigh out the coconut oil, neem oil, rosehip seed oil and vitamin E oil and stir into the melted beeswax and cocoa butter. Mix until all the additional ingredients have liquified.
- Using a graduated transfer pipette now measure out the essential oils and add to the foot repair salve. Stir again to fully incorporate the essential oils then pour into into one 4 oz. tin. (You can purchase tins in bulk from SKS Bottle & Packaging. I actually used their cool 6 oz. foot candle tin here which leaves a bit of space at the top.)
- Place the foot repair salve in the refrigerator until it hardens completely, then label as desired.
How to Use a Foot Salve
To use this foot repair salve, simply apply to feet once a day to maintain healthier feet. Alternately, this natural foot salve can also be sued twice a day for damaged feet until the condition is resolved. If you continue to experience problems with your feet, you may want to see a dr. or dermatologist.
Want to wear this foot repair salve with sandals or without socks? Add .05 oz. of arrowroot powder to this cream when you’re making it for a more matte feeling once it’s absorbed into skin.