Last Minute Handmade Gift Ideas: Craft up these DIY Bath and Beauty crafts for holiday or winter birthday gifts!
Only a week left until Christmas! It’s hard to believe. But if you’re not ready yet, it’s time to get crackin’! Here are a few handmade DIY bath and beauty gift ideas that you can craft yourself in under a day and still make a big impression under the ‘ole Christmas tree!
1. DIY Handmade Snowflake Soaps from Torie Jayne Blog – This melt and pour soap recipe makes for a simple, yet elegant project. Find holiday shaped molds on sale now at local craft stores along with your melt and pour base, fragrance, and glitter. Melt, mix and pour. Then wrap your completed soaps in plastic wrap and decorate the with washi tape along the edges for a finished look without a lot of complicated packaging.
2. DIY Handmade Rosemary Spearmint Sugar Scrub from Coordinately Yours – A beautiful and functional gift, this Rosemary Spearmint Sugar Scrub is hand crafted from ingredients easily sourced locally and includes free printable labels for your gifts!
3. DIY Handmade Body Butter Bars from Green Experiments – These solid lotion bars are a snap to make with just three ingredients. Use a cupcake pan for a mold, then package in cellophane and a ribbon! Also be sure to try your hands at this DIY Lotion is for Sissies Bars Recipe from Arizona Spa Girls.
4. DIY Handmade Peppermint and Lemon Foot Soak from Or so she says… Blog – A terrific gift for anyone who is on their feet all day, this foot soak is handcrafted with Epsom and sea salts, a little baking soda and cornstarch, a little olive oil, peppermint and lemon extract – all ingredients you can find at your local grocery store! Your may also like this recipe for making Orange and Eucalyptus Bath Salts.
5. DIY Handmade Striped Peppermint Soaps from Martha Stewart – Another melt and pour soap recipe inspired by red and white striped candy canes! Just use a mini loaf pan as your mold and slice up six bars of this beautiful, holiday peppermint scented soap.
6. DIY Handmade Chapstick from Tidy Tipsy Photography Blog – Everyone can use a little chapstick during the winter months! The recipe and photo tutorial from Tidy Tipsy makes it easy to whip up tubes for everyone left on your list. Can’t get tubes before Christmas? Try using small pots or tins instead. These would be great paired with a gift card for that hard to shop for person you just didn’t have a clue what to buy. Also be sure to check out the DIY Lip Balm Recipes for making Peppermint-Eucalyptus Lip Balm and Vanilla Rose Lip Balm over at Whole Living.
7. DIY Homemade Laundry Detergent from Soap Deli News Blog – This all natural homemade laundry detergent can be made in under an hour from easily found ingredients and packaged in anything from resealable bags to mason jars tied with ribbon. Makes a great gift for the newlyweds, someone who’s recently moved into their first apartment or anyone who is having a child as it’s both gentle and non-toxic!
8. DIY Handmade Lavender Body Butter from MayDIY Blog – A rich and lush handmade body butter recipe for anyone who loves lavender! A rich cream perfect for dry, winter skin that doesn’t require a preservative, this homemade body butter can be packaged in jars for gift giving anytime.
Looking for more DIY bath and body gifts you can make and give? Be sure to check out the article, Bath and Body Stocking Stuffer Round Up, for even more pampering gift ideas along with my DIY Bath and Body Board on Pinterest.
Bath and beauty not quite what you had in mind? Then check out my Unique DIY Christmas Gift Ideas Board on Pinterest for links to tutorials on making things like DIY Monogrammed Mugs (perfect for a last minute gift!), Homemade BBQ Rub, Leather Journal Books, and DIY Gingerbread Crayons.