Sensitive Skin Facial Scrub Recipe with Goat Milk & Calendula
This natural sensitive skin facial scrub recipe is a great way to naturally care for your skin. Made with skin soothing herbs and botanicals like calendula flowers, goat milk and colloidal oatmeal, this gentle sensitive skin face scrub DIY makes a wonderful addition to your sensitive skin care routine for glowing skin that looks and feels healthy!
Goat Milk Calendula Facial Scrub
Looking for a gentle and all natural facial scrub recipe for sensitive skin? Then give this calendula and goat milk facial scrub recipe a try. You’ll love the results! This sensitive skin face scrub recipe is made with calendula, colloidal oatmeal and goat milk to gently exfoliate skin and calm inflammation.
This natural, exfoliating facial scrub recipe for sensitive skin contains goat milk and colloidal oatmeal known for their skin soothing and nourishing properties. There’s also baking soda which helps to cleanse your face while apricot kernel meal and finely ground calendula petals gently exfoliate skin. Plus, it’s unscented so there’s no need to worry about irritating fragrances! These highlights make this DIY skin care recipe a great addition to any natural skin care routine.
Calendula & Goat Milk Facial Scrub Recipe for Sensitive Skin
© Rebecca D. Dillon
These are the ingredients you need to make a sensitive skin facial scrub recipe with calendula and goat milk:
- 2.5 oz. goat milk powder
- 2.5 oz. colloidal oatmeal
- 2.5 oz. baking soda
- 1 oz. apricot kernel meal
- .2 oz. calendula petals, finely ground
Where to Buy Ingredients for Natural Skin Care
Not sure where to buy ingredients for this natural skin care recipe? You can typically find powdered goat milk in the baking section of your grocery store. While colloidal oatmeal is usually in the pharmacy section. If you don’t grow and dry your own herbs, you can purchase organic botanicals online from Mountain Rose Herbs.
How to Make Sensitive Skin Facial Scrub
Here is how to make a natural facial scrub recipe for sensitive skin care:
- You’ll need to begin by weighing out the calendula petals using a digital scale. Next, grind the calendula petals in a coffee grinder or food processor.
- Now weigh out all of the remaining ingredients using a scale and combine with the ground calendula petals in a large bowl. Mix well. Then spoon into airtight containers for storage.
- To use your homemade facial scrub, simply remove a small amount of the scrub from the container and mix with just enough water, honey or favorite carrier oil (up to one Tablespoon) to form a paste. (For extra dry or mature skin, try mixing this scrub with shea nut oil or rosehip seed oil.) Then apply to facial skin in a circular motion for up to one minute. Alternately, you can use this scrub as a mask by applying and letting set for 5-10 minutes. Rinse with water to remove and pat dry. Store your scrub in a cool dry location.
If you liked this natural calendula and goat milk facial scrub recipe for sensitive skin, then be sure to check out my DIY Bath & Body board on Pinterest.