Lavender Bath Salts Recipe with Coconut Milk for Natural Skin Care
Try this natural lavender bath salts recipe to soothe skin as an after sun remedy for sunburn relief as part of your summer self care beauty regimen. Or add them to your natural skin care routine to enjoy throughout winter as a special treat to moisturize dry skin. Skin soothing ingredients like coconut milk powder and lavender essential oil make this homemade bath salts recipe perfect for your dry, eczema prone or maturing skin.
Natural Skin Care Recipe for Dry Skin
Liven up your dull, dry winter skin without having to wait for summer! This natural lavender bath salts recipe makes a luxurious addition to your bath water with all the benefits of the ocean. The addition of soothing coconut milk powder gives dry skin an extra treat. Not a fan of baths? Simply mix this with your favorite moisture rich carrier oil – olive, rice bran, sesame, jojoba, etc. – and use it as a salt scrub in the shower!
Lavender Bath Salts Recipe with Coconut Milk
© Rebecca D. Dillon
Ingredients for Lavender Bath Salts:
Here are the ingredients you need to make lavender bath salts:
- 2 oz. fine grain sea salt
- 2 oz. Himalayan pink salt
- 1 oz. coconut milk powder (or sub with colloidal oatmeal or goat milk powder)
- 2.5 ml lavender essential oil (or essential oil of choice)
- 1 Tablespoon lavender flowers, optional
- 1 teaspoon rose kaolin clay (or white kaolin/cosmetic clay)
Tips for Making Lavender Bath Salts
This natural lavender bath salts recipe is designed to make just one 6 oz. container of bath salts, however, you can double, triple or even quadruple this natural skin care recipe if you like.
For this particular homemade beauty recipe, I purchased my salts from my local co-op. The mineral salts, also called true salt, is a lovely natural pink with flecks of black due to the high mineral content. You can easily sub with your favorite type of salt whether you choose to use dead sea salt or even Epsom salt. Likewise the coconut milk powder can be subbed with colloidal oatmeal or goat milk powder to better suit your personal taste or skin care needs.
I like the rose kaolin clay for the lovely pink tint which is perfect if you’re making these as handmade Valentine’s Day gifts, but regular white kaolin or cosmetic clay is essentially the same thing.
How to Make Bath Salts with Coconut Milk
Here is how to make bath salts with lavender essential oil, lavender flowers and coconut milk:
- To make your bath salts, simply weigh out the salts and coconut milk powder using a digital kitchen scale into a large glass bowl.
- Then measure out the clay and flowers and add to the salt mixture.
- Finally, using a transfer pipette, measure out the essential oil and add to the other ingredients, then mix well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Love this natural skin care recipe for homemade lavender bath salts? Then be sure to pin this natural beauty recipe with lavender essential oil for later!
More Bath Salts Recipes for Natural Skin Care
For more natural skin care recipes, be sure to try one of these other amazing natural bath salts recipes.
- DIY Blueberry Thyme Bath Salts
- Sore Muscle Bath Salts for Pain Relief
- Herbal Chamomile Calendula Bath Salts
For more natural homemade skin care recipes, be sure to follow me on Pinterest. You can also find me on your favorite social media platforms! Follow me on Blog Lovin‘, facebook, twitter and instagram.
January 2, 2014 at 11:54 am
I just go crazy for anything lavender !!
January 2, 2014 at 3:13 pm
I think I sill try the shower scrub idea, I didn’t know you could do that.
Comments are closed.