Chamomile Calendula Bath Salts Recipe for Sore Muscle Relief
Upgrade your bath time routine with this chamomile calendula bath salts recipe. These relaxing bath salts are perfect for pampering self care and are made using simple ingredients that help to relieve stress, condition skin and ease sore muscles.
This relaxing chamomile calendula bath salts recipe is made using a simple combination of ingredients – natural salts, botanicals and coconut oil – that helps to relieve stress, condition and detoxify skin, and ease sore muscles and joint pain.
Chamomile Calendula Bath Salts Recipe
© Rebecca D. Dillon
These are the ingredients you will need to make this bath salts recipe for sore muscle relief:
- 8 oz. Dead Sea salt
- 4 oz. Epsom salt
- 1 Tablespoon chamomile flowers
- 1 Tablespoon calendula petals
- .4 oz. fractionated coconut oil
How to Make Herbal Bath Salts for Sore Muscles
Here is how to make herbal bath salt with natural botanicals and Epsom salt for sore muscles:
- Using a digital scale, weigh out the dead sea salt and Epsom salt into a large glass bowl. Mix to combine.
- Next, weigh out the fractionated coconut oil and drizzle into the salts, mixing as you do so, until the coconut oil has lighted coated all of the salts. (If you’d like to use an essential oil to scent your chamomile calendula bath salts recipe, you may add it at the same time as the fractionated coconut oil. I recommend around 15 drops.)
- Now measure out the botanicals using a Tablespoon measure and mix into the bath salts.
Package Chamomile Calendula Bath Salts
You can package your herbal sore muscle bath salts as desired. I used a large glass apothecary jar from Infinity Jars for my natural bath salts. (These jars are pretty awesome. They have a heavy glass-on-glass lid that only require the most gentle twist to lock a watertight seal and they also block UV light.)
Alternately, you can also package your chamomile calendula bath salts in High Barrier Kraft Paper Stand up Zipper Pouch Bags.
How to Use Bath Salts for Self Care and Sore Muscle Relief
To use your bath salts, simply add desired amount to running bath water and stir to dissolve. Then relax in your bath for ten to twenty minutes to soak in the benefits.
Where to Buy Calendula Bath Salts
If you don’t have time to make my chamomile calendula bath salts recipe, then be sure to check out some of my favorites on Etsy, including these organic bath salts (pictured) from Barefoot Apothecary.
I also love the goat milk, oats and calendula bath salts for itchy skin/eczema from 7 Chakras Soap, the chamomile calendula bath salts from Wild Raven Soap in Australia, the Good Karma bath salts from Wonderland Bath & Beauty, the calendula bath salts scented with frankincense and myrrh essential oils from The Savvy Soap, and the Mimosa Luxe Epsom salt bath soak from Lovely Body.