Natural Hair Care Recipes
Natural Hair Care Recipes
Love your locks with ten fantastic natural hair care recipes! This collection of natural hair care recipes from hair oil and hair masks to dry shampoo and shine sprays are just what your hair ordered.
1. Homemade Hair Oil Recipe for Dry Hair – Dry, damaged or frizzy hair? These natural hair care recipes are just what your hair ordered! Learn how to make your own super effective hair oil recipe for dry hair suitable for daily use as well as a homemade hair mask recipe for intense conditioning weekly or monthly based on your hair’s needs. Both of these natural hair care recipes are made using ingredients prized for their beneficial properties in hair care including coconut oil, hemp seed oil, and neem oil.
2. Easy Two-Ingredient Shine Spray Recipe for Hair – Has winter left your locks looking dull and lifeless? Give your hair a boost with this easy two-ingredients shine spray recipe for hair! The key ingredient in this shine spray recipe is argan oil. Argan oil is a luxurious oil obtained from the fruit kernels of the Moroccan argan tree. It’s naturally rich in tocopherols (vitamin E) and phenols, carotenes, squalene, and fatty acids. Because of this, its is commonly used in skin, nail, and hair treatments to deliver deep hydration as well as to strengthen brittle hair and nails.
3. DIY Shine Spray & Leave In Conditioner Recipe for Dry, Damaged Hair – Are your locks dry, damaged and lacking luster? Give your hair new life with this intense Argan & Agave DIY Shine Spray and Leave In Conditioner Recipe. All it takes is a light misting all over or on damaged ends and your parched strands will once again feel moisturized and boast a healthy shine! It’s also great for taming frizz or using prior to all over summer festival hair braids to keep shorter strands in place.
4. Rose Scented DIY Sea Salt Spray for Hair – This fabulous rose scented DIY sea salt spray for hair gives your hair volume and texture any time you need it! Simply spray it on then scrunch for sexy tousled beach waves.
5. Ginger and Lime Homemade Shampoo Bar Recipe with Silk – This homemade shampoo bar recipe is formulated with ingredients hair loves like argan, babassu and jojoba oils, cocoa and shea butters and even silk! It’s then scented with a ginger and lime fragrance oil to give your sunny summer mornings a bit of extra lift. Don’t feel restricted to just using this homemade shampoo bar on your hair and scalp though. It’s also great for your face and skin with ingredients that also include rosehip oil and apricot kernel oil both praised for their moisturizing and healing properties. Plus this homemade shampoo bar recipe is palm free for the eco-conscious.
6. Natural Rosemary Mint Shampoo Recipe – Looking to kick your commercial shampoo that contains sulfates and parabens? Then you’ll love my natural rosemary mint shampoo recipe. This all natural homemade shampoo recipe is suited for dry to normal hair and is an excellent alternative if you suffer from Seborrheic Dermatitis or other stubborn skin and scalp ailments. Unlike traditional shampoos, this natural shampoo is a cream shampoo and a small amount will go a long way. Use it as often as you like and share some with your favorite pooch too!
7. Winter Mint Homemade Moisturizing Hair Mask Recipe – Winter can wreak havoc on even the healthiest of hair leaving you struggling to find new shampoos and conditioners to alleviate your dry tresses. Instead of switching up shampoo and conditioners this time around I decided instead to create a winter mint homemade moisturizing hair mask recipe to help counteract the effects of winter. Made using natural ingredients this homemade moisturizing hair mask recipe delivers intense moisture to hair ravaged by winter’s elements along with the fresh scent of spearmint and peppermint.
8. Natural Hair Mask Recipe – Summer can really do a number on your hair. Whether you’re fighting off the frizz from high humidity, need to combat the damage from sun or the drying effects of pool chlorine, this homemade natural hair mask recipe will rejuvenate your tresses in no time with it’s combination of certified organic oils and shea butter. It works great in the winter too!
9. Best Ever Natural Homemade Dry Shampoo Recipe – I’ve tried some different versions of a homemade dry shampoo recipe, including ones that called for using spices like nutmeg or cinnamon for a darker shampoo, but the strong food fragrance put me off and I didn’t want to attract insects when spending time outdoors. Instead of food products, this homemade dry shampoo recipe is formulated with arrowroot powder, rice flour, baking soda, colloidal oatmeal, cosmetic clays, essential oils and herbs. Not only does it work beautifully, but it also adds volume and a lovely lavender fragrance.
10. Natural Homemade Neem Oil Soap Recipe – This natural neem oil cold process soap recipe is perfect for those with skin issues like eczema, psoriasis and even seborrheic dermatitis. It’s one of my favorite homemade soap recipes since it works so well as multi-task bar that can be used for both hair and skin!
(Re-pin these recipes here for later.)
For more natural hair care recipes and homemade soap recipes be sure to follow both my DIY Bath and Body Pinterest Board and my Simply Soapmaking Pinterest Board. You can also find me on Blog Lovin’, Tumblr, Facebook,Twitter, G+ and Instagram.