Lavender Mint Balm Recipe for Mother’s Day Gifts
Make this amazing lavender mint balm recipe for Mother’s Day! This plant based homemade product is super easy to make and is wonderful as a gift or for yourself! Keep reading to learn how to make a lavender mint balm using natural lavender and mint infused oil and raw, unfiltered beeswax for your natural skin care routine.
If your mom loves the outdoors then she’s sure to love this nature inspired, plant based lavender mint balm recipe. Perfect for hands, body and lips, this homemade lavender mint balm recipe is made from natural lavender and mint infused oil and raw, unfiltered beeswax. It makes a lovely and thoughtful handmade Mother’s Day gift idea and is ready in just a few hours!
DIY Lavender Mint Balm Recipe
© Rebecca D. Dillon
Here the ingredient you need to make this lavender mint balm:
- 3 oz. lavender & mint infused jojoba oil
- 1 oz. natural beeswax
- 1 ml GMO-free vitamin E oil
- 1.5 ml lavender essential oil (optional, if you’d like more scent)
How to Make Lavender Mint Balm
Here is how to make an herbal balm with lavender and mint infused oil:
- To create this lavender mint balm recipe you’ll to begin by first making your infused oil. You do this quickly by combining your herbs – in this case lavender flowers and mint – in a small saucepan and covering with the jojoba oil. (Feel free to substitute another carrier oil of your choice.) Set the heat on warm or the lowest setting and allow to “stew” for 3-4 hours. Alternately, you can fill a pot about 2/3 of the way full with water and then place a mason jar with your herbs and oil into the water over low heat. (More on this here.)
- Once you’ve infused your oil, strain it through cheesecloth. It’s now ready to use.
- Using a digital scale weigh out the beeswax and melt in double boiler. Then weigh out the lavender and mint infused oil and stir into the melted beeswax. (Keep your leftover oil infusion for future projects by keeping sealed and storing in a cool, dark location.)
- Next, use graduated transfer pipettes to measure out the vitamin E and, if desired, the lavender essential oil. Stir into the liquified beeswax and oil mixture then pour into glass salve jars or tins. Allow to cool completely then use as desired wherever your skin needs a little extra love!
- Want to mix this natural balm recipe up a bit more? Try infusing the lavender flowers with lemon balm (another mint), lemongrass or even lemon verbena. Or add 1ml of lemongrass or lemon balm essential oil into the balm recipe.
If you like this recipe then be sure to also try my natural herbal calendula balm recipe. Crafted using wild violet, calendula and blue vervain infused olive oil, this natural balm can be used topically on minor cuts, bruises, and stings. Or, for more natural skin care recipes, follow my DIY Bath and Body board on Pinterest.
You can also find and follow me on Blog Lovin’, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as well as subscribe to Soap Deli News via email for future updates, DIY projects and recipes.!