Pedi Foot Scrub Recipe with Coconut Oil for Natural Summer Foot Care
Learn how to make a pedi foot scrub recipe at home to leave your feet feeling like they just had a pedicure! Made with natural ingredients, this homemade foot scrub with coconut oil helps remove dead skin and calluses and restore cracked heels. Try this natural foot care recipe to exfoliate and hydrate skin for soft, beautiful feet!
Need a natural pedi foot scrub recipe that really works? Then you’re in luck! I’ve formulated a fabulous natural skin care recipe for a pedi foot scrub recipe with coconut oil! This super exfoliating foot scrub will leave your feet feeling like you just had a professional spa pedicure! Made with all natural ingredients, this natural foot scrub recipe exfoliates with fine sea salt and pumice to remove dead skin and help restore cracked heels. It also hydrates skin with shea butter and coconut oil for softer, smoother feet with every use! Follow with your favorite nail polish to complete your summer look.
Let’s face it. In today’s crazy busy world it can be darn near impossible to squeeze in enough time for yourself – especially if you have a family you’re always putting first. So finding the time for a pedicure is probably laughably impossible. But at the same time it’s the end of summer in retail land. Which means so many super cute summer shoes are now on sale! And you still have some time to put some wear into them. (And maybe sneak in a vacation before fall. One can hope.)
Anyhow, if you’ve ever been on the wrong side of a mean girl, then you know someone is going to hear about it if you’re foot are in serious need of attention. So order some supplies, pour a glass a wine – pour the wine AFTER you shop or oops! – and whip up my exfoliating pedi foot scrub recipe on a night after the kids have gone to bed.
Pedi Foot Scrub Recipe with Coconut Oil
My natural pedi foot scrub recipe with coconut oil will leave your feet feeling like you just had a professional pedicure – without the expensive trip to the spa. It’s crafted with all natural ingredients like sea salt and pumice, shea butter and coconut oil. Use it daily for softer, smoother feet. And don’t forget to paint those toenails with your favorite nail polish to complete your summer look!
You can find my super exfoliating pedi foot scrub recipe for cracked heels below. I hope you enjoy it! And if you do make it, be sure to share it with the hashtag #soapdelishowoff on instagram so I can see how it turned out!
Pedi Foot Scrub Benefits
The ingredients used to make this homemade foot scrub to remove dead skin offer a number of natural skin care benefits. The benefits of this pedi foot scrub are as follows:
- Pumice and sea salt are two simple and natural ways to exfoliate skin. So I started with these ingredients for my pedi foot scrub recipe. I then combined them with shea butter and a blend of apricot kernel and coconut oils for a simple, yet effective hydrating base for the exfoliants.
- In addition, I also used coconut oil for this natural foot care recipe. Coconut oil is super popular in skin care right now and for good reason! I chose to use coconut oil in this pedi foot scrub recipe for its natural antibacterial and antifungal properties. These properties give this scrub a leg up in fighting both foot odor and nail fungus.
- Coconut oil specifically contains three essential fatty acids – caprylic acid, capric acid, and lauric acid – all of which have been found to inhibit and kill candida. (Candida being the most common cause of foot and toenail fungus.) Coconut oil’s antibacterial properties then work to target troublesome foot odor.
- A blend of peppermint and spearmint essential oils then add a cooling effect to the final product.
Pedi Foot Foot Scrub Ingredients for Cracked Heels:
You will need the following ingredients to make this pedi foot scrub with coconut oil to exfoliate and remove dead skin from feet and help repair cracked heels:
- Refined coconut oil
- Refined shea butter
- Apricot kernel oil
- French green clay (or sea clay)
- Fine ground pumice
- Fine ground Sea salt
- Peppermint essential oil
- Spearmint essential oil
How to Make Homemade Foot Scrub with Coconut Oil to Remove Dead Skin
Here is how to make an exfoliating homemade foot scrub at home for pedicures and natural foot care to remove dead skin and calluses and repair cracked heels:
- Using a digital scale, weigh out the coconut oil and shea butter. Combine in a double boiler. Next, gently heat over medium high heat. Heat the coconut oil and shea butter until melted. Then remove from heat.
- Now weigh out the apricot kernel oil. Stir the apricot kernel oil into the melted shea butter and coconut oil blend.
- Using a fresh graduated transfer pipette for each essential oil, measure out both the peppermint essential oil and spearmint essential oil. Stir the essential oils into the liquid pedi foot scrub base.
- Next, weigh out the sea clay, pumice and sea salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients until evenly combined throughout.
- Once, combined, evenly divide your pedi foot scrub between two 8 oz. low profile jars. Then screw the lids on your jars and label. You can download this pedi foot scrub recipe and printable labels here.
To use your homemade foot scrub with coconut oil, simply massage the scrub onto dry feet, then rinse with warm water and pat dry. If desired follow with a cooling foot spray or foot cream as desired.
Tips for Making a DIY Foot Scrub
Because everyone’s skin is different, you may want to make substitutions to better suit your needs. I used a fine ground pumice for this pedi foot scrub recipe for gentler exfoliation. However, if your feet are in really bad shape, then you may want to opt for a coarser grain.
In addition, don’t be afraid to mix up the essential oils. If mint is not your scent, try a blend of lavender and tea tree essential oils instead.
Allergic to coconut oil? Not to worry. Babassu oil makes a wonderful substitute and offers many of the same skin care benefits as coconut oil!
- .5 oz. refined coconut oil
- 3.75 oz. refined shea butter
- .25 oz. apricot kernel oil
- .1 oz. French green clay
- .75 oz. fine ground pumice
- 15.25 oz. fine ground sea salt
- 1.5 mL peppermint essential oil
- 1.5 mL spearmint essential oil
- digital scale
- double boiler
- graduated transfer pipettes
- 8 oz low profile jars
- utensils for mixing
- large glass bowls
- Use a digital scale weigh out the coconut oil and shea butter. Combine in a double boiler. Than gently heat until the coconut oil and shea butter until melted. Remove from heat.
- Weigh out the apricot kernel oil and stir into the melted shea butter and coconut oil blend.
- Using a fresh graduated transfer pipette for each essential oil, measure out the essential oils. Then stir them into the liquid foot scrub base.
- Weigh out the sea clay, pumice and sea salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients to combine.
- Divide the pedi foot scrub between two 8 oz. low profile jars. Allow to cool, then screw the lids on your jars and label.
Natural Nail Fungus Remedies
Struggling with toenail fungus? This natural anti-fungus nail treatment is the BEST I’ve ever tried. It works better than store brands and contains a unique blend of essential oils that stops fungal growth in its tracks! It works so well, you’ll notice a difference almost immediately! You can purchase it online here. Then simply use it twice a day as part of your daily foot care routine.
Alternately, you can also make your own toenail fungus treatment at home.
More Homemade Foot Care Recipes
If you like my pedi foot scrub recipe for an exfoliating foot scrub you can make at home, then you may also like some of these other natural foot care recipes.
- Neem oil & tea tree foot scrub recipe
- Cracked heel repair balm recipe
- Natural foot repair salve recipe,
- Natural soothing foot soak recipe,
- Natural rosemary & neem oil foot salve recipe,
- Natural exfoliating foot scrub recipe.