Discover how to make cream eyeshadows with glitter to rock for your Halloween makeup or for everyday wear. These super pigmented DIY cream eyeshadows are made with eco-friendly glitter. They are the perfect choice for Halloween makeup. Or wear them to compliment your favorite everyday looks.
Cream Eyeshadows with Glitter
If you love makeup as much as I do, then you’re going to LOVE these DIY cream eyeshadows! Not only are they super pigmented, but they also contain eco-friendly biodegradable glitter! So not only will you feel great about wearing a product you’ve made yourself, but you can rock out the sparkle too! Keep reading to learn how to make two beautiful and bold DIY cream eyeshadows to rock this Halloween – or whenever you’re feeling frisky!
Why Wear Cream Eyeshadow?
Life is hectic. We have families and friends and work relationships. Some of us even have kids. And, if you’re like me, there a LOT of days you find yourself juggling to fit everyone and everything in while still taking time out for yourself. Personally, one of the ways I take time out for me is by simply putting on makeup. Just the process helps me on days I’m feeling blah and overstressed. Plus the fun colors give my mood a lift.
When I’m short on time I find that multi-purpose 3-in-1 and even 4-in-1 products not only speeds up my makeup application when I’m under a time crunch, but they’re a lot easier to take on the go! My cream eyeshadow is one of those handy dandy multipurpose products. If you enjoyed my recipes for my All-in-One Beauty Stick for Lips, Eyes & Cheeks and my Rose Scented 4-in-1 All Over Cream Beauty Stick, then you’re going to love these cream eyeshadows! You can find two awesome DIY cream eyeshadow recipes below along with some great tips on getting the most out of these homemade cosmetics.
DIY Cream Eyeshadows
These are the ingredients you will need to make the cream eyeshadow base for the pigment:
- .25 oz. white cosmetic beeswax
- .5 oz. refined shea butter
- .25 oz. refined rosehip seed oil
- 3 drops vitamin E oil
- Plus one of the color choices below
Mermaid Cream Eyeshadow Colorants:
For a mermaid blue eyeshadow add this mic and glitter:
Unicorn Cream Eyeshadow Colorants:
To make a pink DIY unicorn eyeshadow, add this mica and glitter to the cream eyeshadow recipe base:
How to Make Cream Eyeshadow
Here is how to make cream eyeshadow in beautifully pigmented colors:
- Using a digital scale, weigh out the beeswax and shea butter. Combine in a glass scientific beaker then heat in the microwave at 30% power until melted. Alternately you can also use a double boiler.
- Next, weigh out the rosehip seed oil and stir into the melted wax and butter. Follow with a few drops of Vitamin E oil. Mix well.
- Depending on which eyeshadow color you’d like to make, weigh out the mica and glitter into a separate container and mix well so that the glitter is distributed evenly throughout the mica. (I specifically chose cosmetic mica powders that were both lip and eye safe so that my DIY cream eyeshadows could also be used on lips. Don’t be afraid to switch up mica and glitter colors to create your own unique cream eyeshadow colors!)
- Mix the mica and bio glitter mixture into the melted wax, butter and oil using a wooden skewer or similar. As the cream eyeshadow base starts to thicken, mix again so the that the mica and glitter that have sunk to the bottom are mixed throughout the entire base. Once the eyeshadow is creamy and no longer a liquid, mix again to ensure the colorants are evenly distributed.
- Now scoop or spoon your DIY cream eyeshadows into your containers of choice. I used BPA free 5 gram lip balm pots for my cream eyeshadows.
- Allow the eyeshadows to finish setting up, then screw on the lids. Once I made my DIY cream eyeshadows I decorated the lids by glueing on kawaii bunny cabochons with E6000 craft glue. This is a simple and fun way to dress up your eyeshadow containers for gift giving.
- After 24 hours have passed, your DIY cream eyeshadows are ready to use!
Tips for Using DIY Cream Eyeshadows
You’ll find that your super pigmented cream eyeshadows allow for quicker application than powder eyeshadows, saving you time.
For best results, use a synthetic eyeshadow brush for application in order to avoid the streaking you can get when using your fingers. Follow with a complimentary powder shadow or finishing powder or even a powder highlighter to set your shadow so it doesn’t transfer.
Don’t feel confined to use your new cream eyeshadows just as an eyeshadow! These DIY cream eyeshadows can also be used as a primer for glitter as well as powder eyeshadows for a super custom look. Alternately you can also use your cream eyeshadows as smooth gel-like eyeliners, blush and even lipstick! So don’t be afraid to play with colors and looks – especially if you plan to rock your new cream eyeshadows as part of your Halloween look!
If you make my DIY cream eyeshadows, I’d love to know! So be sure to share photos of you rocking your amazing cream eyeshadows or photos of the products you made using the hashtag #soapdelishowoff on instagram.
For more beauty recipes like this one, be sure to follow my DIY Bath and Body board on Pinterest. You can also find and follow me on all of your favorite social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Blog Lovin’, and Instagram.