Gift Wrapping Ideas for Christmas: How to Wrap Gifts for a Professional Look
Make your gifts look like they’ve been professionally gift wrapped with this collection of 25 beautiful gift wrapping ideas for Christmas. They’re simply perfect for all of your handmade gifts for the holidays!
Beautiful Gift Wrapping Ideas for Christmas
Holiday gift giving isn’t just about the presents. It’s also about the presentation. Otherwise we wouldn’t take the time to deck the halls and fill our entire December decorating our homes for the holiday season. Christmas is that one time of the year, other than Halloween, when it’s socially acceptable to go all out. Beautiful, bold, tacky – so many lights you cause a blackout on your neighborhood block. If you’re going to put all that time and money into decorating for Christmas, then your handmade gifts must also look the part!
Therefore, I present you with a collection of my very favorite gift wrapping ideas for Christmas. These holiday gift wrapping ideas not only look beautiful, but they’ll also give your Christmas presents a professional gift wrapped look. So friends and family will not only be delighted with the presentation, but also a wee bit jealous that you pulled off something so amazing. (And, yes! You CAN totally score that Pinterest win with everyone of these Christmas gift wrapping ideas!)
Many of these Christmas gift wrapping ideas also double as a second holiday gifts themselves. Whether it’s a handmade Christmas ornament or a fun addition to seasonal holiday decor, many of these gift wrap designs do more than just look the part. Therefore many of the ideas serve as unique ways to ensure your gift wrap is saved for the future (or reused for gift wrap the following year) rather than being tossed in the bin after the excitement of unwrapping gifts is over. So your Christmas gift wrap is both stunning and eco-friendly. Which DIY holiday gift wrap idea will be your new favorite way to style your handmade Christmas gifts?
Quick & Easy Ways to Wrap Gorgeous Gifts this Holiday Season
1. DIY Macrame Feather Christmas Ornaments via The DIY Mommy: These macrame feathers do double duty as both holiday gift toppers and a handmade gift. Basically two gifts in one, these delightful gift wrap design elements can also be reused next year as an ornament on a Christmas tree or pretty home decor for small spaces.
6. Glitter Striped Gift Wrapping Paper Tutorial via Tikkido: This holiday gift wrap idea is a fun and frugal way to upgrade your washi tape into a design element for your handmade Christmas presents for the holidays. Don’t have glitter washi tape on hand? Make your own using glitter and double stick tape! A simple and easy Christmas gift wrap hack that even the kids can master!
7. Christmas Paper Bag Gift Bag Ideas via My Blah Blah Blahg
8. How to Festively Wrap a Christmas Loaf Cake via In My Own Style (Plus check out these Christmas food gifts you can make!)
9. DIY Glitter Gift Tags via White House Crafts
10. Printable Holiday Treat Labels via Proper
11. DIY String of Lights Gift Wrap via The Crafted Life: Add some color to Christmas gift wrap with this easy Christmas gift wrapping idea for bright and merry string light gift toppers. They can be upcycled at a future date for winter crafts, holiday projects or as ornaments on a miniature Christmas tree.
12. Gumdrop Treat Boxes via Oh Happy Day!
13. DIY Ruffle Fabric Gift Bag Tutorial via See Kate Sew
14. Christmas Character Gift Tags Tutorial (with Video) via SugarPea Designs
15. DIY Peppermint Favor Box with Cricut via Giggles Galore
16. Holiday Gift Wrapping with DIY Miniature Winter Scene Gift Toppers via Lovely Indeed: This easy gift wrapping hack is so stunning your friends and family may not want to even open their gift. Not only is it a beautiful way to present your handmade Christmas gifts for the holidays, it will also give your holiday photos of your Christmas tree and the annual unwrapping of gifts that instagram worthy punch.
17. DIY Christmas Ornament Favor Bags via A Pretty Fix (These make adorable gift toppers!)
18. Wrapping Your Gift with a Gift via Salvaged Living
19. Festive Holiday Candy Boxes via White House Crafts
20. Easy Gold Geometric Garland Gift Wrapping Tutorial via Tikkido
21. Beautiful Free Gift Wrap Ideas with Foraged Evergreens & Brown Kraft Paper via A Piece of Rainbow: If you’re practicing a zero waste lifestyle or simply want your handmade Christmas gifts to be wrapped as eco-friendly as possible then these natural gift wrapping tips and tricks are perfect for you! Explore a variety of free 5-minute Christmas gift wrapping ideas that incorporate foraged evergreens and wild botanicals with recyclable brown Kraft paper in this collection of DIY Christmas gift wrapping ideas for the holidays.
22. Printable Sewing Themed Gift Wrap with Thread Spool Gift Toppers via See Kate Sew
23. Creative Gift Wrap Ideas for Kids via What Moms Love
24. Simple Holiday Fabric Gift Wrap via Northern Feeling
25. How to Make a Gift Bag Out of Wrapping Paper via A Beautiful Mess
For more holiday gift wrap ideas, be sure to check out my Pretty Packaging & Gift Wrap Ideas Pinterest Board. You can also find last minute holiday gift wrap ideas here and here. Along with some of the prettiest DIY gift wrap ideas for Christmas here. I also have a huge collection of printable Christmas gift wrap and tags here.
Or explore artisan Christmas gift wrapping ideas for inspiration (or to purchase) on Etsy via my curated collection of the prettiest packages. There are hundreds of great Christmas gift wrapping ideas including this idea for wrapping your gifts with (best selling) initial wooden Christmas ornaments from Clouds and Currents on Etsy (pictured above.)
Don’t forget to also follow Soap Deli News across all your favorite social media platforms. You can find and follow me now via Blog Lovin‘, facebook, twitter and instagram. Or sign up for my newsletter.