Patriotic Marshmallow Pops with Fruit for 4th of July Parties
These patriotic marshmallow pops are the perfect dessert for your 4th of July party. They are easy to make, and you can make them ahead of time. Both kids and adults will love this patriotic party food.
Red, White and Blue Patriotic Marshmallow Pops
I love summer parties. There’s just something about sitting outside with friends enjoying the sunshine. Summer nights are usually still warm, but sometimes we need a backyard fire to warm up. Then we sit around the fire, talking and laughing into the night.
I’m really looking forward to the Fourth of July this year. I can’t wait for patriotic party food and just being with my group of friends. I’m already thinking of my snacks for the 4th of July party. I want something red, white and blue that’s a fun treat. Not only do I want a treat that everything will love, but also something that’s fun to make and that the kids will enjoy helping create.
These patriotic marshmallow pops are perfect for patriotic party food ideas. They are simple to make, and I can make them a few days ahead of time. If you have kids at home, they can even help assemble these patriotic marshmallows. Younger kids can put the fruit and marshmallows on a skewer, and older kids can help with the piping and candy decorations.
Patriotic Party Food Ideas
Food and snacks for 4th of July party are usually red, white and blue or in a star shape. Lighter foods are popular because it’s usually so hot that time of the year. Fruits and Jello desserts are popular patriotic recipes. For parties, patriotic snacks are usually finger foods or other foods that can be eaten while sitting in a chair in the backyard.
What Do You Serve at Fourth of July Parties?
Popular patriotic party food ideas include:
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Jello salads
- Fruit trays
- Vegetable trays
- Hamburgers and hot dogs
- Patriotic marshmallow pops
- Red, white and blue watermelon jicama salad
- Pasta salad
- Potato salad
- Red, white and blue Jello desserts
What Are Good Finger Foods for 4th of July Parties?
Good patriotic snacks for 4th of July party include:
- Fruit kabobs
- Red, white and blue popcorn
- Deviled eggs
- Crackers and dip
- Nachos and dip
- Chocolate dipped fruit
- Patriotic marshmallow kabobs
- Red, white and blue star lollipops
- Watermelon popsicles
Since my red, white and blue marshmallow pops top my list as a fun family friend for the Fourth of July, I’m sharing my easy recipe on how to make this patriotic party food, along with answers to common questions about fruit pops with marshmallows. Plus tips and tricks for creating the best finger foods for your 4th of July party.
Can Patriotic Marshmallow Pops Be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make these party pops as marshmallow desserts before the 4th of July party. For the best taste and appearance, you can make them up to 12 hours before you serve them. If you are planning a late party, it’s best to make them in the morning and not the night before for best results.
How Long do Marshmallow Pops Last?
These patriotic marshmallow pops with fruit will look good for using as snacks for 4th of July party for about 12 hours. While they are still edible past that, the fruit may start to get soft. The chocolate may also start to melt or draw moisture from the air.
Can You Freeze Marshmallow Pops?
No, you cannot freeze marshmallow pops that contain fruit. The fruit will get soggy after freezing and thawing. The chocolate can also draw moisture from the air in the freezer and start to weep.
4th of July Marshmallow Pops Ingredients
To make these Fourth of July marshmallow desserts, you will need the following ingredients:
- Fresh Strawberries
- Jumbo Marshmallows
- Fresh Blueberries
- Red, white and blue candy melts
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
Tools and Supplies
You will also need the following tools and supplies to make these patriotic marshmallows as a fun party treat:
- 12″ Wood Skewers
- Pastry bags or Candy Melt-N-Decorate Bottle (Alternately you can also use a thick ziploc bag.)
How to Make Patriotic Marshmallow Pops
To make these patriotic snacks for your red,white and blue themed party, follow these steps:
1. Begin by washing and drying the strawberries and blueberries. Make sure they are fully dry before proceeding because excess water can affect the candy melts.
2. Now hull the strawberries, removing the leaves the stem. Once hulled, place a strawberry onto a skewer going from the bottom of the strawberry to the top of the strawberry. Slide the berry to the bottom of the skewer so there is room for the marshmallows and blueberries.
3. Next, slide a jumbo marshmallow onto the skewer so that it rests on top of the strawberry.
4. Then place four blueberries on top of the marshmallow, sliding the skewer down the center of the berries. Repeat this process of adding fruit and a marshmallow to ten wooden skewers in total.
5. Now melt the candy melts per the directions on the package. Add the melted candy to the pastry bag and secure the top. Then snip off the bottom of the bag. You can add a decorative tip to the bag for more control. Alternately you can also use a Candy Melt-N-Decorate Bottle to make the process easier.
6. Place the patriotic marshmallow pops onto a paper plate or on a wire rack. Then use the melted candy to decorate the fruit and marshmallows. Alternate colors as desired to create a red, white and blue theme.
7. Once you’ve decorated the red,white and blue patriotic marshmallows with the colored candy melts, top with sprinkles as desired. Do this by dipping portions of the candy melt covered marshmallows and strawberries in colored sprinkles of your choice. Repeat this process to decorate all ten wooden skewers.
8. Finally, place the patriotic marshmallows with fruit in the freezer for 5 minutes to allow the candy melts to fully harden. Once the candy melts have solidified, your patriotic party food is ready to serve.
Patriotic Marshmallow Pops Tips and Tricks
Marshmallow desserts are easy to make, but here are some tips for your snacks for 4th of July party:
- You can make marshmallow desserts with fruit up to 12 hours ahead of time.
- Always use fresh fruit to make marshmallow fruit pops. Frozen fruit will turn mushy.
- I like to use Wilton candy melt and decorate bottles to melt the candy melts for decorating this patriotic party food. You can then use the same bottle to decorate your patriotic snacks. When you’re done, simply allow the candy to harden. Then squeeze the bottle to break up the hardened candy. Finally, pour the broken candy melts into a container for use later and wash the bottle.
- If you use a pastry bag to decorate these marshmallow pop desserts and the candy hardens, place the bag on a plate and microwave for 10 seconds to melt it again.
- You can get creative with your fruits for this fun Fourth of July dessert. I used strawberries and blueberries to make red, white and blue marshmallow pops. However, you can use your favorite fruits to make these marshmallow fruit treats for other seasons or holidays.
- Place the patriotic marshmallow pops in the freezer for no more than 5 minutes to harden the candy. Longer than that will cause the fruit to get mushy.
- If these 4th of July fruit and marshmallow pops will be outside for more than an hour, set them on a tray. Then place that tray in a pan filled with ice to keep them cool.
- You can further customize these marshmallow desserts by adding small pieces of brownies to the skewers to create chocolate patriotic snacks.
- These are delicious snacks for 4th of July party on their own, but you can also serve them with fruit dip, whipped cream, vanilla pudding or chocolate fondue for extra flavor.
How to Store Patriotic Marshmallow Pop Desserts
Since these marshmallow pops are not completely coated in chocolate and contain fruit, you should plan to eat them in about 12 hours. You can store them on the counter in an airtight container until you are ready to serve them.
Patriotic Marshmallow Pops with Fruit
These patriotic marshmallow pops with fruit are a great 4th of July dessert. This patriotic party food is easy to make and popular with everyone as a red, white and blue party treat to celebrate the holiday.
- 10 Fresh whole strawberries
- 10 Jumbo size marshmallows
- 40 Fresh whole blueberries
- Red, white and blue candy melts
- Red, white and blue sprinkles, to suit
- Wash and dry the strawberries and blueberries.
- Hull the strawberries. Then place a strawberry onto a skewer going from the bottom of the strawberry to the top of the strawberry. Slide the berry to the bottom of the skewer to have room for more items.
- Add a marshmallow on top of the strawberry.
- Then place 4 blueberries on top of the marshmallow. Repeat this process of adding fruit and a marshmallow to ten wooden skewers.
- Melt the candy melts per the directions on the package. Add melted candy to the pastry bag and secure the top. Snip off the bottom of the bag.
- Place your patriotic marshmallow pops on a paper plate or on a wire rack. Use the different colors of melted candy to decorate the fruit and marshmallows.
- Top with sprinkles before the melted candy sets up. Repeat the process for ten skewers.
- Finally, place the patriotic marshmallows with fruit in the freezer for 5 minutes so the candy melts harden.
Serving Size:1 marshmallow pop
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 0g
This post for patriotic party food originally appeared on Becca Ink.
For more party food ideas for the holidays, follow Soap Deli News on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Or subscribe to my newsletter.