Learn how to make a delicious mango and pineapple mocktail recipe. This simple mocktail is perfect for summer entertaining or relaxing on a hot day. Mocktails are non-alcoholic frozen drinks suitable for both adults and children. You can use fresh or frozen fruit for these frozen fruit mocktails without alcohol for tasty summer slushies everyone will love.
Frozen Pineapple and Mango Mocktail
While I don’t mind enjoying an adult beverage in the summer, sometimes I want a fruity mocktail recipe. If there are kids around or guests who don’t want to drink, this coconut water mocktail recipe is a delicious simple mocktail to make.
I really like this coconut water mocktail recipe because coconut water is hydrating and can help replace electrolytes. When it’s hot, coconut water is an excellent drink choice to prevent dehydration.
I also like this mango and pineapple mocktail recipe because I can use fresh or frozen fruit. I keep both fruits in my freezer and the coconut water in cans on the shelf. That way I have the ingredients ready to make mocktails with coconut water without going to the store for ingredients.
What Are Mocktails Made Of?
A mocktail recipe is a non-alcoholic drink that is a more sophisticated drink that takes the place of a cocktail. They are an alternative for those who don’t want to drink alcohol for whatever reason or children.
Mocktails are often made using some or all of these ingredients:
A mocktail can be blended drinks or frozen mocktails. Fruit mocktails are common, and they usually blend different fruits for refreshing real fruit flavor.
What Makes a Good Mocktail?
When you make fresh fruit mocktails, it’s important to use high quality ingredients. The better your ingredients for non alcoholic frozen drinks, the better your mango and pineapple mocktail recipe will be.
For example, I recommend that you use fresh squeezed lime juice. However, you can use bottled lime juice if you have it on hand.
I use a high quality frozen pineapple and mango to make my fruity mocktail recipe. Of course, you can make fresh fruit mocktails if you prefer. Look for fruit that is ripe and not under ripe or overripe for best results.
What Methods Are Used to Make Mocktails?
This recipe is for frozen fruit mocktails. In the summer, I really like this recipe because it helps me cool off. However, there are several methods that you can use to prepare fruit mocktails. My mango and pineapple mocktail recipe uses the blending method. You can make a simple mocktail in any of the following ways:
- Building method is when you pour the ingredients into the glass and then stir. If there is ice in the mocktail recipe, pour the ingredients over ice.
- The stirring method is when you mix the ingredients with ice and then strain the simple mocktail into a glass. This keeps the drink cooled without diluting the drink with water from melting ice.
- Shaking method is when you mix the ingredients with ice and shake them in a shaker. Then strain out the ice and pour into a glass. This is often used for mocktail recipes with fruit juices, simple syrup or cream. A fruity mocktail recipe made with carbonated soda shouldn’t be shaken.
- The blending method is what I used. This is when you combine fruit and ice in an electric blender. Frozen fruit mocktails are almost always blended. Most mocktail recipes that can be shaken can also be blended.
- The layering method is what one ingredient sits on top of another ingredient. You can achieve this by pouring ingredients gently over the back of a spoon. This also uses some science in that some ingredients have a higher or lower density than other ingredients, so they remain separated if they aren’t stirred.
Are Frozen Fruit Mocktails With Coconut Water Healthy?
Generally, mocktails with coconut water are healthy. However, if you add simple syrups and other sugars, the drink will no longer be healthy. This mango and pineapple mocktail recipe does not have any added sugars, so is one of the healthy mocktails.
I like to make mocktails with coconut water, especially frozen mocktails, because coconut water can naturally replace electrolytes. In the summer, this can help you rehydrate after sweating in the high heat.
Coconut water also has antioxidants and is a good source of Vitamin C, manganese, magnesium, sodium, calcium and potassium.
Tips for Making Frozen Fruit Mocktails
These frozen fruit mocktails are fairly simple, but here are some tips to use while making your tropical mocktails.
- Use fancy glasses or plastic water. If you’re serving these fresh fruit mocktails at a party, let your guests feel festive by using fun glasses.
- Use a high quality frozen fruit or a ripe fresh fruit.
- It’s important to use a good blender to make frozen mocktails. Cheap blenders just don’t have the power to properly blend the ice.
- You can add sugar, raw honey, stevia or your sweetener of choice if you prefer. I find that fruit mocktails are often sweet enough without any extra sugar. I recommend making this fruity mocktail recipe and then adding a sweetener after you taste it.
- You can substitute the pineapple or mango for other fruits to make fruit mocktails. Have fun experimenting with other fruits.
- If you don’t want to use coconut water, use water, juice or a non dairy milk like almond milk or oat milk.
- If you use frozen fruit, you can use less ice for a less diluted tropical mocktail.
- You can make frozen fruit mocktails ahead of time. Simply freeze and then let thaw at room temperature for a few minutes until it’s ready to drink.
- Add 4 ounces rum or tequila to this simple mocktail to turn it into a cocktail.
Substitutions for Coconut Water Mocktail Recipe
You can make substitutions in tropical mocktails. Try one of the following in place of coconut water:
- Birch water
- Maple water
- Almond milk
- Coconut milk
- Oat milk
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Watermelon water
- Aloe vera juice
- Watered down coconut water
- Filtered water
How to Serve a Frozen Mocktail
You can serve this fruity mocktail recipe in any cup, but that’s no fun. If you’re having a party or just want to be fancy, try one of these presentations for your frozen mocktails.
- Use a fancy glass or plastic cup. I prefer a clear cup, but a colorful cup can be a fun presentation.
- Top your mango and pineapple mocktail recipe with cut pieces of fresh fruit.
- Add an umbrella to the glass.
Frozen Fruit Mango and Pineapple Mocktail Ingredients
To make non alcoholic frozen drinks, you will need these ingredients:
- Fresh lime juice
- Fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- Frozen mango chunks
- Coconut water
- Ice cubes
How to Make Frozen Mocktails with Mango and Pineapple
Here is how to make a coconut water mocktail recipe:
- To make this frozen mocktail recipe, place the lime juice, pineapple and mango chunks, coconut water and ice cubes into a high speed blender. Pulse the healthy mocktail ingredients until the mocktails are smooth.
- Next, use a slice of fresh lime to rim the edge of your glasses. Then dip the rim of the glass into salt, sugar or your choice of sweetener.
- Finally, pour the fresh fruit mocktails into two margarita glasses. Then serve the tropical mocktails immediately.
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Cup fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1 Cup frozen mango
- ¼ Cup coconut water
- 1 Cup ice cubes
- Place the lime juice, pineapple, mango, coconut water and ice cubes in a high speed blender. Pulse until the healthy mocktails are smooth.
- Use a slice of fresh lime to rim the edge of your glasses. Then drip the rim of the glass into salt, sugar or other sweetener.
- Pour the fresh fruit mocktails into two glasses. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 38gProtein: 1g
This mango and pineapple mocktail recipe originally appeared on Becca Ink.