Want to try your own homemade soap recipe for your acne but aren’t quite ready to delve into cold process soapmaking? Try this quick and easy activated charcoal melt and pour soap recipe instead! This homemade activated charcoal melt and pour soap recipe starts with a quality, all natural yogurt soap base. Four simple ingredients are then added to not only help control acne but to also soothe skin and promote healing. These ingredients are some of my favorites.
• Sea Buckthorn Oil – This concentrated oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help to calm aggravated skin. Additionally, it not only helps to fight acne but it also possesses healing properties that will help to prevent acne scars from occurring. Sea Buckthorn oil is probably best praised, however, for it’s restorative and anti-aging properties.
• Activated Charcoal – Activated charcoal naturally helps to detoxify skin of impurities, draw out dirt and oil, and, in melt and pour soap it also acts as a mild exfoliant. It’s also suitable for those prone to eczema and psoriasis.
• Patchouli Essential Oil – Patchouli offers its own anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to this soap. It’s commonly used in skin care for its ability to tackle acne prone skin, eczema, inflammation, and cracked or chapped irritated skin. It’s also prized for its cell-rejuvenating properties and its ability to lessen the look of scars. In addition it can also help to balance out oily skin.
• Lavender Essential Oil – Lavender is prized for its acne fighting and healing properties as well as its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It serves to treat acne and soothe skin while also helping to prevent scarring.
• Yogurt Melt and Pour Soap Base – This melt and pour soap base is all natural and free of SLS and detergents. Plus its made with real yogurt which when applied topically has been shown to fight acne, moisturize and help to prevent premature aging.
Activated Charcoal Melt and Pour Soap Recipe
This activated charcoal melt and pour soap recipe will yield one bar of soap that weighs about 5 oz.
To make this soap begin by weighing out the soap base using a digital scale. Cube the soap base using a Chef’s knife and combine in a large glass Pyrex measuring cup then microwave for 30 seconds watching carefully as you don’t want your soap base to boil. Remove and stir then heat again if needed to melt the soap base all the way through.
Now measure out the activated charcoal with a measuring spoon and add to the melted soap. Whisk with a fork to incorporate. Pour into your mold of choice.
Once the soap has fully hardened remove from the mold and wrap tightly in foodservice film or use it right away! (I took mine right into the shower with me!)
If you’re looking for more activated charcoal soap recipes be sure to try out these other recipes I’ve created:
• Lavender & Tea Tree Cold Process Soap Recipe with Activated Charcoal
• Natural Activated Charcoal Cold Process Facial Soap Recipe
• Natural Activated Charcoal Two-in-One Facial Scrub and Cleanser Recipe
• Natural Cold Process Carrot Complexion Soap Recipe
• Activated Charcoal Facial Cleanser Recipe
• Patchouli Rose Complexion Melt and Pour Soap Recipe
For more of my homemade soap recipes be sure to visit my soapmaking page at Rebecca’s Soap Delicatessen as well as my DIY Bath and Body Pinterest Board. You can also keep up with all of my new bath and beauty recipe additions by following Soap Deli News via Blog Lovin’, Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.