Quick And Easy Natural Massage Melts Recipe for Pain Relief
Learn how to craft quick and easy natural massage melts with this simple, natural skin care recipe. A natural substitute for massage oils, this quick and easy natural massage melts recipe is an eco-friendly, green beauty alternative.
As there’s no packaging to contend with, this holistic beauty recipe lowers your personal carbon footprint as it reduces the need for plastic packaging. Thereby these DIY natural massage melts reduce landfill waste as well as the amount of plastic going into our oceans.
Keep reading to learn how to make your own natural massage melts. Following you’ll also find two optional scent blends that you can use. One is for a muscle pain relief essential oil blend. The other is a tropical fragrance oil blend. Plus discover eleven more great natural pain relief bath and body recipes that you can make at home!
Quick & Easy Natural Massage Melts Recipe
By Mindy Schwartz (Reader submitted)
Massage Melt Ingredients:
- 3 ½ oz. of shea butter
- 3 ½ oz. of beeswax pastilles
- 2 oz. of jojoba oil
- 2 oz. of sweet almond oil
- ¼ tsp. of Vitamin E oil
Tools and Equipment:
- Mold(s) of your choice
- 1 digital cooking thermometer
- 2 Pyrex glass measuring cups
- 1 small digital postal scale
- 1 set of measuring aluminum spoons
- Wax paper for measuring on the scale
- Beeswax wraps to cover Pyrex cups
How to Make Massage Melts
Gather all equipment onto a clean, sterile surface. Place a sheet of wax paper over the small digital postal scale to measure out the shea butter and beeswax base. Place base in a Pyrex cup and cover with beeswax wrap. Melt ingredients, completely, in the microwave.
While the base is melting, use the second Pyrex cup for your jojoba, sweet almond, vitamin E, and essential/fragrance oils (if used). Mix, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside.
Once the base has melted, mix thoroughly. Pour the Pyrex cup from step 2 into the base Pyrex cup, mix together, and pour into your mold(s). Set aside for a couple of hours to cool and set. When soft, transfer the melts to the fridge until they are really hard. They should just pop out of the molds easily. Massage into skin and let product become absorbed. Due to melting properties, keep unused portions out of direct sunlight and store in a cool place.
If you plan on using essential and/or fragrance oils in your natural massage melts recipe, place a digital thermometer in the melted shea butter and beeswax base. Wait for the temperature to drop down to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Anything higher will burn off the fragrant oils.
After the temperature has reached this point immediately dump your Pyrex cup from step 2 into the Pyrex cup with the base, mix quickly, and pour into your mold(s). Follow the rest of step 3 instructions for making these quick and easy natural pain relief bath melts.
Massage Melt Essential Oil Blends
Muscle Relief Essential Oil Blend
- ½ tsp. of Eucalyptus essential oil
- ½ tsp. of Peppermint essential oil (do not use if pregnant)
- 30 drops of Rosemary essential oil
Tropical Fragrance Oil Blend
(Substitute shea butter with mango butter)
- ½ tsp of Heliotrope fragrance oil
- ¼ tsp of Coconut Milk fragrance oil
- 30-50 drops of Tahitian Vanilla fragrance oil
Mindy Schwartz is a writer for the handmade beauty industry, as well as, the owner of a handmade bath and body business called Grayson’s Apothecary of Beauty.
Natural Pain Relief Recipes
Alternately, you may also like these other natural pain relief recipes:
- Natural Sore Muscle Salt Scrub Recipe
- Natural Pain Relief Salve Recipe with Arnica & Ginger
- Pain Relief Bath Salts Recipe to Soothe Sore Muscles
- Arnica Pain Relief Salve Recipe for Muscle Pain & Inflammation
- Chocolate & Lavender Pain Relief Salve Recipe
- Warming Chili & Chocolate Sore Muscle Salve Recipe
- Homemade Magnesium & Arnica Body Butter Recipe
- Homemade Ginger Salve Recipe
- Simple 3-Ingredient Pain Relief Massage Oil Recipe
- Epsom Salt Bath Bombs Recipe for Chronic Pain
- Natural Burn Relief Spray Recipe
Or shop from some of my favorite natural home remedies on Etsy.
For even more natural beauty and skin care recipes, also be sure to follow Soap Deli News across all of your favorite social media platforms! You can find and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Blog Lovin’, and Instagram as well as subscribe to Soap Deli News via email for future updates, DIY projects and recipes.