Learn how to make fun DIY clothespin magnets for your fridge! Decorated with colorful, patterned washi tape, this easy craft project is fun for the entire family!
DIY Clothespin Magnets
Need chip clips or note holders for your fridge or office? Then why not craft your own? Using clothespins — in your size of choice — decorative washi tape and craft store magnets, you can create your own custom clothespin magnets to match your kitchen decor! This super simple craft project takes under an hour to make. So, it’s a great weekend family craft project to create with the kids when you’re stuck indoors.
Tools and Supplies Needed
These are the supplies and tools you will need to make these easy washi tape clothespin magnets:
- Wooden Clothespins
- Japanese Washi Tape
- E6000 glue
- strong magnets or rare earth magnets
- stickers or decorative scrapbook embellishments (optional)
How to Make Clothespin Magnets
Follow these steps to make your own easy clothespin magnets decorated with washi tape strips:
1. First apply strips of washi tape to your clothespins. You can use it on one or both sides. (The magnets will stay better if you leave washi tape off of the back side where you will be adhering the magnets.)
2. Then carefully trim the excess washi tape from the top and sides of the magnets using scissors.
3. Next, apply your stickers or embellishments to the front of your washi tape decorated clothespins. For ours, Meagan and I used puffy, sparkle alphabet stickers to spell out words.
4. Now apply small amount of E6000 glue to one side of your magnets and press firmly on to the back side of your decorated clothespins. Allow to dry completely.
5. Once the glue adhering the magnets to the backs of the clothespins have dried you can put your new handmade creations on your refrigerator! Now they’ll always be handing for grabbing to use as chip clips or to put a note, recipe or coupon up on the fridge! For more ideas on craft projects you can use Japanese washi tape for click here.