Printable Vintage Poison Apothecary Labels for Halloween Decor
Need creative decorating ideas for you next Halloween party? These printable apothecary labels are an easy way to liven up your Halloween decor! They can be used on upcycled jars and bottles to save money. Or buy unique containers to make extra spooky Halloween decorations for your home.
Next month is Halloween, which for me means either window shopping for that perfect costume early or getting started on a DIY Halloween costume. I’m a little past due.
Last year my son went out as a super creepy clown. (I skipped out.) And the year before that my boyfriend went out as Prince which won him top prize at a costume contest. In the meantime, I was basically a Ramones groupie for a tribute concert.
I really only went all out in 2010 when I wore a handmade and gently used Renaissance Pirate costume I scored for around $75 on Etsy. (Shop for handmade Halloween costumes here.) This year, I’m just as clueless as I was the past two years. I keep threatening to go out as a plague doctor with the beak-y bird mask, but Scott is not real hip on that idea.
Easy Halloween Home Decor Idea
Regardless, I’ve put together a few fun and free, printable vintage poison apothecary labels to help make your DIY Halloween decor extra sinister. (Even if your costume isn’t.)
You can put these on apothecary jars, mason jars, tins or even beer or wine bottles. Stage them with a few jars of preserved organs or aliens, like the American Horror Story inspired halloween decorations pictured above, and you’ll have the kids scared to death of what’s hiding in the basement! (Learn how to create these Halloween decorated jars as a family Halloween craft project here.)
Printable Poison Apothecary Labels for Halloween
Create your own DIY Halloween home decor with these free, printable poison apothecary labels! It’s an easy way to decorate for your Halloween party or home display. These printable vintage poison Halloween Apothecary Labels come in three designs with four of each label to a page. I think they look rather authentic printed in black onto full size Kraft sticker label sheets.
Supplies and Materials to Make Apothecary Jars
These are the supplies and materials you will need to create Halloween apothecary jars for DIY Halloween decorations:
- Printable Vintage Label Download: These provide the vintage graphics you will use to label the jars for your decorations.
- Full Size Sticker Sheets or Labels: The download should be printed onto sticky labels so they can be applied to the containers you chose for this Halloween craft project.
- Scissors: You will use scissors to cut out the vintage poison apothecary labels from the sticker sheet.
- Containers: Purchased or upcycled containers, bottles and jars all work great for this easy holiday home decor project. You will want to use clean containers. I recommend that you wipe down the outside of your jars or bottles with isopropyl alcohol first in order to ensure the labels adhere firmly.
How to Make Apothecary Halloween Jars with Vintage Poison Labels
1. To make these Halloween apothecary jars for your Halloween home decor, follow these simple steps:
2. Download the printable Halloween apothecary labels here.
3. Print the vintage poison labels onto full size sticker or label sheets. I used Kraft sticker labels. However, you can also use white or any other color you like.
Once you’ve printed the labels to make this Halloween home decor, it’s only a matter of figuring out where to put them. I applied my sticker labels to an array of jars, bottles and containers.
4. To apply the labels to the containers, first cut out them out using sharp scissors.
5. Once you’ve cut out the vintage Halloween labels, remove the back. Then adhere to clean bottles, jars and containers as desired.
6. Finally, display the apothecary jars in your home. These look great on a shelf or cupboard as well as for a Halloween window display. No matter how you choose to use these, they make wonderful Halloween home decor.
I hope you enjoyed this easy Halloween home decor idea using printable vintage poison labels. For more ways to decorate for Halloween, be sure to follow Soap Deli News on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.