Pumpkin Spice Body Spray Recipe with Essential Oils for Fall
Enjoy the scent of fall whenever and wherever you like with this easy essential oil DIY body spray recipe that smells like seasonal pumpkin spice! It’s a simple way to create your own custom fall fragrances for yourself or to gift as easy DIY holiday gifts throughout the season.
Make Your Own DIY Fall Body Spray
I love fragrances. Unfortunately, it’s rare that I can shell out $40+ for a designer fragrance. Body sprays, on the other hand, are a budget friendly splurge. Body sprays tend to cost less than designer perfumes. Therefore I’m comfortable with using them everyday. There’s no need to ration out my favorite scents so they last longer. However, as I often have an arsenal of essential oils stashed in a cabinet for my natural skin care recipes, I really enjoy making my own seasonal DIY body sprays.
If you’re ready to catch those autumn vibes, then you’re going to love this natural fall skin care product! Enjoy the warm and cozy scent of fall with my easy DIY pumpkin spice body spray recipe. If autumn was a scent, then this would be it! Made with essential oils that smell like pumpkin pie spice, this easy formulation is ready to use in just 5-minutes or less.
Benefits of Making Essential Oil Body Sprays
There are a number of benefits to making my own custom scented DIY body sprays with essential oils. Obviously I don’t need to worry about the potentially toxic ingredients hidden in proprietary perfume formulations made with fragrance oils. Instead, I’m able to create unique scents using plant-based essential oils.
Custom DIY body sprays with essential oils are also incredibly easy to make. Plus, with the holidays quickly approaching, I’m able to make multiple body sprays at once. One for me, and then several more to gift to friends and family. All at the same time and all in under 15 minutes.
I also love that I can use my favorite essential oil diffuser blends and recipes in my body spray recipes. So rather than hunting for essential oil perfume recipes all over the internet, I’m able to work with what I have on hand at home.
DIY Pumpkin Spice Body Spray with Essential Oils
While this easy DIY essential oil body spray is perfect for fall, it also make a great DIY gift idea throughout the entire holiday season. Once you’ve made my pumpkin spice scented body spray, be sure to try it with other essential oil blends as well. It also works great with your favorite knock off designer fragrance oils!
You can find more fragrance ideas and essential oil blend recipes for your custom DIY body sprays here. (I even give great tips on how to make your custom fragrance blends last longer!) Or try one of fourteen other amazing fall essential oil blend recipes that can be used not just for your DIY body spray, but for homemade soap recipes as well! See those custom blend recipes for your DIY body spray here.
Pumpkin Spice Body Spray Recipe
This pumpkin spice body spray is a wonderful way to enjoy the cozy, warm scent of pumpkin pie spice this fall! As the pumpkin spice essential oil blend used to scent this natural skin care product is formulated with spice oils that may cause skin irritation or sensitivity, it is important that the essential oil blend does exceed 1% of the total weight of the carrier oil used for dilution.
This recipe is incredibly quick and easy to make. It works well as a scented body moisturizer for skin. However, you can also mist this autumnal scented product onto hair to add both shine and fragrance.
Following are the ingredients you will need to create an amazing, DIY body spray for autumn:
- 8 oz. carrier oil: A carrier oil is necessary to dilute the product so that is safe for application onto skin. I recommend that you use either jojoba or fractionated coconut oil. However, camellia seed oil or another dry carrier oil that lacks a scent and has a long shelf life will work just as well.
- 12 drops cinnamon leaf essential oil
- 12 drops ginger essential oil
- 12 drops nutmeg essential oil
- 9 drops clove bud essential oil
- 3 drops cardamom essential oil
Tools and Equipment
In addition to the pumpkin spice essential oil blend and carrier oil necessary to make this DIY body spray, you will also need some minor tools and equipment. They are as follows:
- Spray bottle: I used an 8 oz. bottle with a fingertip mister to blend my product as well as for application. However, you can also divide this homemade body spray recipe for fall equally between two 4 oz. bottles or four 2 oz. containers. As essential oils can eat through plastic, I recommend that you use either a glass or aluminum bottle.
- Droppers: If your containers of essential oil used to make the pumpkin spice blend do not have reducer caps, you will need either a clean glass dropper or graduated transfer pipette to add each oil to the body spray.
- Glass measuring cup: If you aren’t starting with 8 fl. oz. of carrier oil, you will need to use a measuring cup to measure out the carrier oil called for in my pumpkin pie spice body spray recipe. I keep Pyrex measuring cups in variety of sizes for this purpose; so they’re always on hand.
- Funnel: A small funnel is used to pour the DIY fall body spray into the containers without spilling the contents. I personally love this assortment of stainless steel funnels.
- Utensil: You will need a stirrer or a small spoon to mix the essential oils in the carrier oil.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Body Spray
Ready to smell like your favorite fall scent? Here is how to make a pumpkin spice body spray to moisturize and scent skin:
1. First, measure out 8 oz. of your choice of carrier oil into a glass measuring cup with a spout.
TIP: If you are using an 8 oz. bottle to make this autumn skin care product, you can use a funnel to pour the carrier oil directly into the container you’ll be using.
2. Then, add the essential oils one at a time using a fresh dropper for each oil.
3. Mix the pumpkin spice essential oil blend into the carrier oil using a stirrer or spoon.
Alternately, if you started by adding the carrier oil to an 8 oz. container, add the pumpkin pie spice eo blend directly to the container with the carrier oil. Then shake to combine.
4. Use a funnel to pour the homemade body spray equally into the containers you’ve chosen. Then screw on the fingertip misters.
How to Use Pumpkin Spice Body Spray
To use this DIY essential oil body spray, simply mist onto your body. Rub onto skin, if desired, to speed up the absorption rate.
Alternately, you can also use this fall scented body spray as a hair perfume and shine spray. To do this, lightly spritz the solution onto hair to add both fragrance and shine.
More Ways to Make DIY Body Sprays
If you enjoyed making my DIY pumpkin spice body spray recipe with essential oils, then be sure to try some of my other recipes for creating custom body sprays and perfumes.
- Custom Dry Oil Body Spray Recipe for Soft Skin
- Mermaid Shimmer Body Spray Recipe with Shimmering Mica
- DIY Dry Oil Body Spray Recipe with Camellia Seed Oil
- Shea Butter Body Spray Recipe with Shea Nut Oil
- Aromatherapy Essential Oil Body Spray DIY for Sleep
- Caramel Coffee Dry Oil Body Spray Recipe for Fall
Not quite ready to start making homemade body spray recipes? Need to save my pumpkin spice body spray recipe to craft DIY holiday gifts later on? Then be sure to pin my essential oil DIY body spray for later! You can also explore other uses for pumpkin spice essential oil here.
For more DIY ideas for fall fragrances and natural skin care recipes be sure to follow Soap Deli News across your favorite social media channels. You can find and follow me on pinterest, facebook, twitter and instagram. Or sign up for my semi-weekly newsletter.