A Natural DIY Coffee Under Eye Cream Recipe to help with puffiness and dark circles as well as those pesky fine lines and wrinkles!

DIY Coffee Eye Cream: A Natural Puffy Eyes Remedy for Natural Beauty

December 20, 2013
I may receive compensation from links on this site. As an Amazon Associate I also earn from qualifying purchases. See my disclosure policy.

Suffering from puffy eyes, dark circles or even fine lines? This DIY coffee eye cream may be able to help! Make this DIY coffee eye cream as a remedy for puffy eyes. Made with homemade coffee infused oil to help tighten skin and reduce under eye puffiness, this coffee under eye cream can also help reduce the appearance of dark circles, wrinkles & fine lines associated with aging.

Coffee Eye Cream DIY! This homemade natural coffee under eye cream recipe is the secret to beautiful skin! Made using homemade coffee infused oil this natural coffee infused under eye cream diminishes the appearance of dark under eye circles, puffiness and even fine lines. Plus it helps fight aging by promoting skin health! #diy #coffee #eyecream #skincare #beauty #naturalbeauty #naturalskincare #antiaging #secret

Try This Natural Puffy Eyes Remedy

In my last post I mentioned that I had recently purchased and tried 100% Pure Cosmetics’ Organic Coffee Bean Eye Cream made with Arabica Coffee Seed Oil and Green Arabica Coffee Seed Oil and as a result concocted my own coffee bean infused oil for creating my own version of a caffeinated DIY coffee eye cream that would help with those morning dark under eye circles, under eye puffiness and even fine lines.

I strayed from the ingredients in 100% Pure Cosmetics product a bit but I was rather pleased with the results of my own DIY coffee eye cream which creates a smooth, rich cream that smells like delectable coffee. Not only is my DIY coffee eye cream for eye puffiness easy to make, this beauty hack also saves you money over time.

How to Make DIY Coffee Eye Cream

I used natural ingredients known for their anti-inflammatory properties like shea butter, olive oil and lavender & chamomile essential oils. You’ll also find jojoba oil and naturally anti-aging rosehip seed oil hidden inside my recipe for a DIY coffee eye cream. These two carrier oils are praised for their skin rejuvenating properties with evidence that they reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The end product is smooth and creamy coffee eye cream that literally melts right into skin to tighten and soothe inflammation. A little goes a long way.

This Natural DIY Coffee Under Eye Cream Recipe is made using homemade coffee infused oil which can help with puffiness, fine lines and dark circles!

You can either make this natural coffee eye cream recipe for one large container. Or pour this DIY coffee eye cream cream into smaller sized lip balm pots for gifting and sharing. If you like my DIY coffee eye cream recipe, you can also use the coffee infused oil you make for this recipe to create my other recipe for homemade coffee lip balm.

Don’t want to make your own? You can buy artisan crafted coffee under eye cream as well as coffee under eye serums here.

DIY Coffee Eye Cream: A Natural Puffy Eyes Remedy for Natural Beauty. Make this DIY coffee eye cream as a remedy for puffy eyes. Made with homemade coffee infused oil to help tighten skin and reduce under eye puffiness, this coffee under eye cream can also help reduce the appearance of dark circles, wrinkles & fine lines associated with aging. Not only is this DIY coffee eye cream for eye puffiness easy to make, this beauty hack also saves you money over time.

DIY Coffee Eye Cream Recipe

© Rebecca D. Dillon

Ingredients:

.5 oz. coffee infused oil (see below)
.25 oz. jojoba oil
.25 oz. rosehip seed oil
.75 oz. shea butter
.75 oz. cocoa butter
1/2 mL (about 10 drops) lavender essential oil
3 drops chamomile essential oil
5 drops vitamin E oil

To Make Coffee Infused Oil:

Coarsely ground 3 Tablespoons of whole (unflavored) coffee beans in a coffee grinder. Combined the grounds with 4 oz. by weight of olive oil (or other carrier oil of choice) over low heat for about 15  to 30 minutes, then strain the oil using either cheesecloth or a coffee filter in a pinch. (You can learn more about making herbal infusions via the Botanical Skin Care Course from The Herbal Academy.)

As I didn’t have cheesecloth handy, I improvised by taping a coffee filter to the top of a cup then poured the coffee and oil into the filter. Once the majority of the oil dripped through I carefully removed the filter and then squeezed the rest of the oil out into the cup.

Instructions for Making DIY Coffee Eye Cream:

Using a digital scale weigh out the shea and cocoa butter into a glass Pyrex measuring cup. Heat in the microwave until melted, then weigh out the coffee infused oil, rosehip seed oil and the jojoba oil and stir into the melted butters.

Next, using a different 3ml Graduated Plastic Transfer Pipette for each essential oil, measure out and add the chamomile and lavender essential oils and mix into the other ingredients. Finally, add several drops of vitamin E if desired and pour into your container(s) of choice.

How to Make Homemade DIY Coffee Under Eye Cream for Dark Circles, Puffiness and Fine Lines

This DIY coffee eye cream recipe yields approximately seven 10 mL or 1/3 oz. lip balm pots or will fit into a 2 oz. container or jar.

Notes from the crafting kitchen: Keep in mind that my DIY coffee eye cream take some time to thicken. I’ve had products like this take a day or two to thicken at room temps and up to several hours to thicken fully in the fridge.

Coffee Eye Cream DIY! This homemade natural coffee under eye cream recipe is THE beauty secret to more beautiful skin! Made using homemade coffee infused oil this natural coffee infused under eye cream diminishes the appearance of dark under eye circles, puffiness and even fine lines. Plus it helps fight aging by promoting skin health! #diy #coffee #eyecream #skincare #beauty #naturalbeauty #naturalskincare #antiaging #secret

Also, as I did go back and experiment with various coffee options, note that using pre-ground coffee beans vs. coffee beans you grind fresh as well as the intensity of the roast – light, medium or dark – will determine the final color of your oil. Pre-ground and darker roasts make a much darker oil than grinding the beans yourself and choosing a light roast. Also, straining with a coffee filter over all other methods produces a much lighter oil with fewer coffee grains sneaking through.

Also keep in mind that ingredients from different suppliers will yield slightly varying results. I do not recommend using oils from the grocery store, but rather carrier oils meant specifically for cosmetics and soap making for the best results and a longer shelf life. For quality organic ingredients for recipes such as my DIY coffee eye cream for puffy eyes, I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs.

Yield: 7-10 mL Coffee Eye Creams

DIY Coffee Eye Cream

Make this DIY coffee eye cream with coffee infused oil as a natural remedy for puffy eyes and to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

Active Time 15 minutes

• 1/2 mL (about 10 drops) lavender essential oil
  • 3 drops chamomile essential oil
  • 5 drops vitamin E oil

Tools

• digital scale
  • utensils for stirring
  • graduated plastic transfer pipettes
  • double boiler or microwave
  • glass Pyrex measuring cup
  • 7-10 mL lip balm pots (or 2 oz. jar)

Instructions

1. Weigh out the shea and cocoa butter and place inside a glass Pyrex measuring cup.
  2. Heat either in a double boiler or in a microwave at 30% power until melted
  3. Weigh out the coffee infused oil, rosehip seed oil and the jojoba oil. Stir into the melted butters.
  4. Using a fresh transfer pipette for each essential oil, measure and add the chamomile and lavender essential oils. Mix to combine.
  5. Finally add vitamin E and pour evenly into 7-10 mL lip balm pots or one 2 oz. jar.

Notes

To make the coffee oil infusion, coarsely ground 3 Tablespoons of whole (unflavored) coffee beans in a coffee grinder. Combined the grounds with 4 oz. by weight of olive oil over low heat for about 15 to 30 minutes, then strain the oil using either cheesecloth or a coffee filter.

If you like my DIY coffee eye cream, be sure to pin it for later. Then also check out my natural anti-aging skin care recipes for making a Natural Anti-Wrinkle Facial Serum Recipe for dry, mature skin as well as my natural nourishing, Anti-Wrinkle Under Eye Cream Recipe.

For more DIY beauty projects like this one, be sure to follow my DIY Bath and Body board on Pinterest. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Blog Lovin’. Or subscribe to Soap Deli News via email for future updates, DIY projects and recipes.

38 Comments

• Brittany

December 20, 2013 at 12:51 pm

This looks amazing, I will definitely have to give it a try! I can only image how great it smells!

• Cathy

December 29, 2013 at 11:31 am

I love everything about this stuff….it brightened my eyes so much….it feels good, smells heavenly…..and the plus I love is that I use it as an eyeshadow primer base and it’s amazing… My colors pop and when I take my makeup off my eyes are silky smooth…thanks so Much Rebecca….this stuff is amaaaaaaaaaazing!!

December 29, 2013 at 11:50 am

You’re so very welcome. I’m glad you love it as much as I do. 🙂

• Christina

January 9, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Great idea and execution… love that you used actual natural products!!! So excited to see more of your site and blogs.

• Kathy

January 20, 2014 at 4:45 pm

can you substitute something for the rosehip seed oil. I don’t have any and want to make these. Also it is very expensive. Thanks.

January 20, 2014 at 7:26 pm

You could sub another carrier oil for the rosehip seed oil though I chose this oil specifically for the properties it lends to skin.

1. meaghan

October 13, 2014 at 12:42 am

Could you infuse rice bran oil with rose petals as a substitute?

October 13, 2014 at 8:32 am

You can sub the carrier oils with those of your choice however depending on the oils used it can change the properties of the final product based on the properties those oils offer.

• Tina Smith

January 21, 2014 at 8:57 pm

I made this recipe today but for some reason my liquid is not hardening. I made exactly 7 10ml chapstick containers worth so it does not appear that I had major weight differences. Not sure if i should add more cocoa butter or what.

January 22, 2014 at 3:23 pm

If you don’t stick these in the fridge to harden, it can take a full 24 to 48 hours for them to become a cream consistency depending on the temps in your home.

• Judy

January 23, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Does it have to be coffee beans or can i use coffee essential oils? if so how much? What is the shelf life of this? I have really bad dark circles and really hope this will help! Gotta order some of the oils first. 🙂

January 23, 2014 at 6:01 pm

The shelf life will be the life of your shortest oil. You can use coffee essential oils. Sub olive oil for the coffee infused oil and add 2% of the total oil weight in coffee eo. It should be similar but I haven’t tried it that way so I can’t say positively.

• Renn

January 26, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Hiya,

I really cant wait to try this, could I use instant coffee rather than grinding it myself as I do not own a coffee grinder

• Debra Taylor

January 28, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Would love to try your coffee under eye cream. Do you sell it or do I have to make it?? I’d really like to try it before I spend money to make it. I’m not really a DIY person, except a very few times, and I don’t own any of the equipment much less the ingredients. I enjoy reading about the products and sit here wishing I had the time and patience to do these projects. Who knows what I’d do if I liked the product enough

January 28, 2014 at 5:43 pm

I will be making this one to sell after I make a large supply order. Look for it next month at Rebecca’s Soap Delicatessen.

• Angie

February 9, 2014 at 9:19 pm

This looks awesome and I would love to try it but I live in South Korea and chamomile essential oil is super expensive here. Can you suggest any other essential oils I can substitute for chamomile. Thanks:)

February 10, 2014 at 8:47 am

You can omit it and sub with another of your choice that’s less expensive and has anti-inflammatory properties.

• Judy

February 17, 2014 at 12:31 am

My batch came out very dark like the color of coffee. How did you get yours to come out so light?

Thanks,

February 17, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Did you use regular coffee or instant? I strained mine through a coffee filter and it kept most of the coffee bits out of the oil. The bottom did have some coffee bits that made it a little darker in spots. Instant will instantly go dark as it’s not the same thing.

1. Judy

February 17, 2014 at 10:07 pm

I used freshly roasted beans that I roasted myself. They were a dark roast and turned the oil very dark. I strained the oil 3 times with a coffee filter to remove the coffee grounds. What was left was a dark coffee infused oil. I’m thinking that this is what made mine so dark. What does you coffee infused oil look like?

February 17, 2014 at 11:40 pm

I used a light roast and it was a tannish color.

1. Judy

February 19, 2014 at 3:48 am

That must be the difference. Well, no matter. It smells wonderful and has a nice consistency. Thanks for sharing.

2. Rebecca D. Dillon

February 19, 2014 at 12:12 pm

You’re most welcome!

• Jennifer

February 22, 2014 at 6:21 am

Do you have any of this for sale yet? I would love to buy some. Thank you.

February 22, 2014 at 10:27 am

Unfortunately I do not. I’ve had a supply order lost (stolen?) in transit and it will be next month before it’s available.

• Ronda RS

March 13, 2014 at 10:22 am

Rebecca, any thoughts as to substituting avocado oil for the jojoba? Jojoba makes me itch like mad! Also, what about omitting the eo’s? I only ask because of the scent so close to my eyes might give me a bit of trouble. Thanks for your input!

March 13, 2014 at 2:00 pm

There’s not enough eo in this that you will notice a fragrance from them. It smells lightly of coffee and nothing else. You can sub the jojoba with any carrier oil of your choice. For oils subbed with shorter shelf life’s I’d also suggest adding 5 drops of rosemary extract.

• Veronique Sandefer

July 28, 2014 at 2:28 am

Wow. I can not wait to to make this. I’ve been trying to find something for my dark circles and puffiness forever. The natural products are too expensive and the chemical one work great, but…. Thank. You!!!!!

• Sara F

August 29, 2014 at 8:31 am

Question for you, why the preference in olive oils, is there really that much of a difference between store bought and ones made for bath and beauty use?

• Aura

October 11, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Do you think I could substitute olive oil for another oil? For example, grape seed or apricot?

October 11, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Yes, of course!

• sarah

October 24, 2014 at 7:40 pm

hi, can you re-melt this down to pour into containers at a later date? or does it need to set as it will be used?

Thanks 🙂

October 25, 2014 at 11:14 am

Yes, you could re-melt it at a later date. 🙂

1. Sarah

October 28, 2014 at 11:07 pm

My batch has come out quite oily and tho it hardened in the fridge once I removed it and went all squishy again…not sure what I have done wrong? Would u suggest adding more coco butter?

• leila

November 9, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Hi!
    Tried it and loved it!!!

• FabiolaRL

November 14, 2014 at 12:46 am

Great recipe! Could I substitute almond oil for the jojoba and/or the rosehip seed oil? I have almond oil on hand and I haven’t found the other oils. What do you think? Thanks!

• Jan Jones

November 15, 2014 at 10:49 am

Just making sure I am reading this right – when you made the coffee infused oil, did it make more than the 1/2 oz you used?

November 16, 2014 at 9:07 am