DIY Hyaluronic Acid Serum: Best Beauty Hack for Anti-Aging Skin Care
Naturally combat aging with this DIY hyaluronic acid serum. Learn how to make an anti-aging serum recipe for plump, youthful looking skin with as few as two ingredients. An affordable way to upgrade your beauty regimen on a budget, this hydrating beauty serum helps lock in moisture and plump skin to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. You’re going to love the visible results of this easy DIY beauty hack!
Anti-Aging DIY Hyaluronic Acid Serum
An affordable alternative to store bought anti-aging serums, this DIY hyaluronic acid serum creates an amazing anti-aging gel that hydrates skin, helps to fight aging and reduce skin inflammation. It can also aid in increasing skin elasticity.
With as few as two ingredients — water and hyaluronic acid powder — you can help your skin to appear more youthful! Hyaluronic acid naturally moisturizes and plumps skin to diminish the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. By making your own homemade beauty serum, you can also save a LOT of money versus buying serums. My 2-ingredient DIY hyaluronic acid serum is made using Bos Essentials Hyaluronic Acid Powder. This easy beauty solution offers an economical way for you to create your own anti-aging beauty products. Plus it really is so easy to make!
By formulating your own DIY anti-aging serum at home, you’ll enjoy the same benefits from store bought products without the high price tag. Discover how to make your own anti-aging DIY hyaluronic acid serum. Plus, I share a bonus recipe for a DIY Vitamin C serum. Keep reading to learn how to make these simple, affordable beauty hacks for your skin. Both recipes can be found below.
Hyaluronic Acid Serum Recipe
- 2 teaspoons Bos Essentials Hyaluronic Acid Powder
- 7 fl. oz. distilled water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin, optional
How to Make Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Here is how to make an anti-aging serum with hyaluronic acid:
1. Combine all of the ingredients in an airtight container and shake really well until it is thoroughly mixed. (I used a 9 oz. clear straight sided glass jars with silver metal lug caps that I had from SKS Bottle & Packaging which work great. But you can also use a small mason jar or dropper bottles. In short, choose the best container size for your needs and how you plan to use it. The larger container works great for all-over skin care and not just your face.)
2. Place the DIY hyaluronic acid serum in the refrigerator until it gels and is no longer grainy. Once the product has fully gelled, it’s ready to be used as part of your daily skin care routine.
I used a 9 oz. clear straight sided glass jars with silver metal lug caps that I had from SKS Bottle & Packaging to make my DIY beauty serum. However, you can also use a small mason jar. Once made, use a funnel to pour the serum into dropper bottles, then label. The dropper will help prevent product contamination during use.
However, the larger container also works great for all-over skin care and not just your face. If you prefer to leave the product in a large container, I advise removing the desired amount with a small, clean scoop to use.
To use this natural beauty product, simply apply the anti-aging facial serum to your face and neck prior to applying moisturizer. It should also be used under makeup.
As this beauty product is acid based, your serum will keep for 30 days when stored in the refrigerator. DO NOT store it at room temperature unless preservatives such as ascorbic acid and DMAE bitartrate are used to prevent bacterial contamination.
Tip: It’s also important to note, should your DIY hyaluronic acid serum go watery, it should be replaced with a new batch.
Supercharge Your Serum with Vitamin C
If you want to give your hyaluronic acid serum recipe an upgrade, you can add vitamin C powder to the formulation! To make a vitamin C serum with hyaluronic acid, follow these steps:
1. Dissolve a small amount of Bos Essentials Ferulic Acid Powder at 1% in alcohol. (This will help to stabilize the vitamin C and offer additional antioxidant benefits.)
2. Then combine a few drops the dissolved Ferulic Acid with 2 Tablespoons Bos Essentials Vitamin C Powder and 4 Tablespoons of water.
3. Finally, once all the ingredients have dissolved add 1/2 teaspoon Bos Essentials Hyaluronic Acid Powder. (You can optionally also mix in 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin.)
4. Refrigerate until gelled and apply prior to other beauty products as the first step in your beauty routine.
Hyaluronic Acid Powder Anti-Aging Under Eye Cream
In addition to using hyaluronic acid powder to make DIY beauty serums, it can also be used to make other natural skin care products. You can also use the Bos Essentials Hyaluronic Acid Powder to make my anti-aging under eye cream recipe. This beauty recipe has additional anti-aging and moisturizing benefits for skin! You can find my anti-aging under eye cream recipe here.
For more great skin care DIY’s like this one, be sure to follow my boards on Pinterest. You can also find and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Blog Lovin’, and Instagram for more beauty hacks, recipes and ideas for skin care. Alternately, you can also subscribe to my newsletter.