Anti-Wrinkle Green Tea Eye Cream Recipe with Natural Ingredients
Does your eye area need a little extra love to help keep those pesky wrinkles away for as long as possible? Then be sure to try out this natural green tea eye cream recipe! Infused with antioxidant rich botanicals, this DIY anti-wrinkle cream is an ideal way to naturally care for skin and reduce the appearance of aging.
DIY Green Tea Eye Cream
This DIY green tea eye cream recipe is formulated using a combination green tea extract and anti-aging carrier oils to help combat the progression and appearance of aging. Specifically, I used a combination of the following carrier oils in this anti-aging eye cream recipe: rosehip seed oil, walnut oil, pumpkin seed oil and evening primrose. In addition to their anti-aging skin care properties, these oils also have natural skin benefits that also promote healing.
In addition to the carrier oils chosen for this DIY beauty product, I also used green tea extract in this formulation. Green tea has a number of benefits for skin. It’s widely renowned for its antioxidant properties that support skin health.
By incorporating natural, anti-aging botanicals and plant extracts together in a rich under eye cream, you can easily create a product that acts as a powerhouse for skin health and youthful, glowing skin.
Keep reading to learn about the skin benefits of green tea. And learn how to make green tea eye cream for your clean skin care routine!
Green Tea Skin Care Benefits
Green tea also has a number of benefits for skin that make it an excellent choice for use in an anti-aging eye cream. Here are the ways using green tea in your skin care routine can promote healthy, glowing skin:
- Much like witch hazel extract, a popular skin care ingredient, green tea also contains tannins. These compounds, in combination with the caffeine found in green tea, help shrink blood vessels.
- The naturally occurring caffeine content also works to reduce the appearance of puffy eyes and dark circles, much like a DIY coffee eye cream or black tea eye cream. In addition, caffeine can assist in brightening skin so it looks fresh and rejuvenated.
- Green tea contains a significant amount of polyphenols. As such, it is able to reduce inflammation. Its anti-inflammatory properties not only assist in the reduction of swelling, but they also help with the symptoms of redness and skin irritation. Therefore, it’s also a great remedy for sunburn relief.
- Because green tea is anti-inflammatory, it is also ideal for those with dermatitis problems as it eases symptoms associated with these conditions. As it soothes itching and irritation, it works great for symptom relief of eczema, rosacea, and psoriasis.
- Green tea has been proven effective at combating acne. The polyphenols present in this botanical aid in reducing excess sebum secretion. While the antimicrobial and antioxidant properties fight off bacteria that can lead to breakouts.
- Like many other beneficial plants and herbs, green tea contains vitamin E. Studies show that this vitamin both nourishes and hydrates skin. Thereby giving green tea skin moisturizing properties. So, it’s the perfect complement to a hyaluronic acid serum.
- The antioxidants present in green tea helps to repair DNA damage to skin cells caused by UV sun exposure. In doing so, your skin may be better protected against skin cancer.
- Antioxidants found in green tea also help fight aging. While vitamins, like vitamin B-2 in particular, work to maintain healthy collagen levels in skin.
Green Tea Eye Cream Recipe
© Rebecca D. Dillon
If you’re ready to take your clean beauty regimen to the next level, this green tea eye cream recipe is a great place to start! This beauty DIY is easy to make. It’s also a simple, yet effective way to nourish and hydrate skin while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream Ingredients:
These are the ingredients necessary to formulate a DIY anti-wrinkle eye cream with green tea extract:
- .25 oz. beeswax
- .3 oz. walnut oil
- .3 oz. rosehip seed oil
- .25 oz. pumpkin seed oil
- .25 oz. shea butter
- .25 oz. evening primrose oil
- .5 ml vitamin E
- .1 oz. liquid green tea extract
Tools and Equipment
To make this recipe for green tea under eye cream, you will need the following tools and equipment:
- Digital scale: You will need a digital scale to weigh out the ingredients for my anti-wrinkle green tea eye cream recipe.
- Graduated transfer pipette: A pipette or a dropper is needed to measure out the vitamin E oil called for in this anti-aging skin care DIY.
- Double boiler: A heat source is necessary to gently melt the ingredients.
- Measuring cup or small bowl: A glass Pyrex measuring cup or small bowl is used for the ingredients when weighing them.
- Glass jar: I used a 2 oz. glass jar to store the final green tea beauty product once it was made.
How to Make Green Tea Eye Cream
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients and supplies, here is how to make this DIY eye cream with green tea:
- Begin by using a digital scale to weigh out the shea butter and beeswax.
- Melt the butter and wax in double boiler. Then remove from heat.
- Now weigh out the walnut, rosehip, pumpkin, and evening primrose oil.
- Stir the carrier oils into the melted shea butter and beeswax.
- Next, using a graduated plastic transfer pipette, measure out the vitamin E oil. Then stir it into the cream.
- Allow the DIY green tea eye cream to cool until it reaches a creamy, semi-solid consistency, just past the point that it is translucent. (If necessary, or if you live in a warm climate, you can speed up this process by popping the anti-wrinkle eye cream into the fridge.)
- Then weigh out the liquid green tea extract and stir the botanical extract into the cream.
- Finally, spoon the anti-aging eye cream with green tea into a 2 oz. glass jar and seal. Store in the refrigerator between use.
How to Use Anti-Aging Eye Cream
To use this anti-wrinkle green tea eye cream, apply it under and around eyes after cleansing skin. This product should be used under makeup during the day. It can also be applied around the eye area at night before bed. A little goes a long way! So, don’t go overboard when using this natural skin care product.
In addition to helping fight the appearance of wrinkles, this DIY green tea eye cream also works great as a moisturizer for dry skin or eczema. Or use it as a night cream for dry or maturing skin.
For more natural anti-aging skin care recipes like this one, be sure to follow my DIY Bath and Body board on Pinterest.
You can also keep up with all of new posts and bath, beauty and skin care recipes by following Soap Deli News on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Or subscribe to Soap Deli News via email for future updates, DIY projects and recipes.